This page lists tasks that need to be done. Some of the tasks listed below may be out-dated and no longer suitable for the site. So please let us know of what tasks may interest you before you begin work on them. If you have any questions about a certain task, please ask on the talk page.
- Rewrite the sparse commentary on Scientific errors in the Qur'an, getting rid of the poor English, poor attempts at humor and generally unprofessional and arrogant approach
- Rewrite and expand Good stuff in the Quran (removing it from the Humor category) or open a new article titled Good Teachings in the Quran?, refuting all of the "positives". E.g. "Give charity" is limited to Muslims only, "Be good to family" is limited to Muslim family members, "Don't be racist" Muhammad refers to blacks as Raisin heads, etc.
- Add more references for the statements made in Diacritical Marks of the Qur'an.
- Need a "Responses to Apologetics" section for Qur'an and Semen Production (Qur'an 86:7)  (see bottom)
Jihad and Violence
- The Story of Umm Qirfa: needs additional references from the original sources used in the comic. Contact arabic language people and ask them to translate the arabic text used in the comic strip. Deal with this rebuttal  in a "Responses to Apologetics" section.
- Armenian Genocide
- Islam and Violence - Core article following the structure of other core articles. To include terrorism and other violence in Islam.
- Muhammad's Raids and Battles
- The Meaning of Qatal - Possible rewrite to include more information. Useful links: , .
- Split Images_of_Jihad_(Indonesia) and other image pages into sub-pages so it loads only 10-15 images per page (better server load)
Women's Rights and Issues
- List of Wives and Concubines of Muhammad - use primary sources for references (hadith etc), and if possible look for other wives as well in all available sources including the ones cited for this article. Look for any other articles mentioning the wives. Double check the list for accuracy and see if we missed any names. We want all possible historical records for these wives that support that they were his wives.
- Add additional thighing evidence from  - fatwa 41409
- Add info on marital rape to Rape. e.g. . Gather relevant hadiths or fatwas (wife must have sex or angels will curse her, etc)
- Khadijah - Rewrite and expand. Include the fact that Muslims often try to use her high social standing as "proof" that women are equal in Islam. What they neglect to explain is that she was a "great businesswoman and independent woman" BEFORE Islam (during the so-called "Period of Ignorance- Jahiliyah) and you cannot find any examples of successful women AFTER Islam during Muhammad's lifetime. Useful links: 
- Polygamy in Islam - Needs a complete rewrite to adhere to our policies and guidelines. Include information from the ScienceDaily article on the talk page
- Add any possible victims from  to : Honor Related Violence
- Add stuff from Talk:Rape in Islam to Rape in Islam, for the meaning of 'right hand'.
- Expand Adultery is permitted in Islam with any relevant hadiths/info from this post.
- Aisha and Puberty - Add some of the info from here
- Muhammad's Companions and Pedophilia - add section about Fatima's marriage to Ali, aged 9-11
Quran, Hadith and Scholars
- Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Islamic Silliness - Possible additions 
- List of Fabricated Hadith - Expand on the section dealing with Muhammad's Farewell Sermon, thus creating a stand alone article. Then replace the existing text with a summary of the new article and redirect links where appropriate.
- Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Wives and Concubines of Muhammad - Add all the tabari quotes
- Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Muhammad the Warmonger has more sources concerning the Banu Qurayza than our Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Banu Qurayza page. The QHS page for Banu Qurayza should be the page that contains all available sources concerning them, while the sub-section in "Muhammad the Warmonger" should only be a summary of sources with our "main article" template added.
- Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Sexuality - Add more hadiths relating to sex or sexual issues in this life and afterlife (virgins, sexual power of men in heaven etc).
- Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Muhammad the Mass Murderer: add more assassinations
- Qur'an,_Hadith_and_Scholars:Muhammad - fix/rename titles of linked pages from "names" to nouns, e.g. Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Muhammad the Cross-Dresser, change to Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Muhammad and Cross-Dressing, fix links in QHS template too.
- Qur'an,_Hadith_and_Scholars:Aisha#Fatwas - Add additional hadiths linked in Fatwa box . So "See 12, 13, 14" on our page ... should all be added on the page
- Islam - Rewrite existing article in a similar vein to Wikipedia's article. This is an important article because it is linked on almost every page. The existing content can be moved, deleted or merged with other pages.
- Use more hadiths from here  to add to 72 virgins and any other article
- See: Talk:Honor Related Violence (Pakistan)
- See: Talk:Islam and Freedom of Speech (Links)
- See: Talk:Muslim Statistics
- Muslim Conspiracy Theories - This claim (, ) about Michael Jackson's death (the theory in general) may deserve its own section. Check the net to see how widespread it is.
- Create categories for every country found here. Then add categories to all relevant pages
- Zakat - Expand this stub using the info on Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Zakat, including real-world examples on Islamic charity being denied to non-Muslims and being used to fund jihad  (paragraph above conclusion), 
- Islam and Freedom of Speech - Keeping the basic article there, create separate pages for the "In the Modern World" sections (e.g. Muhammad Cartoons Controversy, Nigeria and the Miss World Pageant etc.), adding/updating with extra information where needed
- Allah the Polytheist - Responses by D335, Shapur II, Anthony Rogers, and Sam Shamoun to Osama Abdallah's apologetics can be found here. Try to somehow incorporate all the info into the article. If this is not possible, then create a "Responses to Apologetics" section.
- Islam - incomplete page
- Quotations on Islam from Muslims - Currently the page is in a terrible state. Needs a complete overhaul. The page should resemble Quotations on Islam from the Noteworthy without the "short bio" sections etc. that are there now. The quotes also need to be updated (there are so much more shocking quotes available today).
- Punishments - Ideally each type of punishment should have a general article and a QHS page, together with its own hub page. For example the content from Amputation should be moved to another title, e.g. Amputation in Islam, freeing that page to serve as a "hub". Then the the QHS quotes should be moved to Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Amputation. After this is done, the Amputation in Islam page should be expanded to include information that is gained from the quotes and to respond to the dishonest apologetics etc.
- Literature on Islam - Similar to the "Notable Former Muslims" task. Create pages for each linked book.
- Notable Former Muslims - Just as much "new content" as it is an Expansion/Improvement. Create short but concise informational stubs on each notable former Muslim to replace the out-going links we have in that page at the moment. Who they are and brief info on their apostasy. The information for this should already be available in the existing links which can serve as an "External Link" in the new pages.
- Funding of Islam, Moderate Islam & Rule of Islamic law; articles are incomplete and may need to be rewritten.
- Islam and Freedom of Speech - Add section on recent Pakistani Blasphemy cases and murders
- Rewrite Islamophobia, some very good points raised here: Anglophobia or Islamophobia & here: How the Term "Islamophobia" Got Shoved Down Your Throat. Analyze the Runnymede's definition of the term
- Expand and rewrite Historical Persecution of Non-Muslims
- Rewrite Lying for Islam (taqiyya). Make it not about "taqiyya", but lying in general according to Islam. Emphasize the fact that lying for Islam is generally referred to as Taqiyya but is not limited to that strict definition. See this to get an idea of what is required
- Update Muhammad and the violation of the Qur'an and add if needed from the new part 2
- Al-Azhar fatwa on adult suckling - misses out some stuff (workplace, 5 times etc), see : and research other sites too. Also rewrite to look better.
- Overhaul Allah: I sent Jibreel to blow into Mary's Vagina to include BOTH interpretations of the verses in question - if you use only the Quran to understand then it says Allah ("We") blew into Mary to conceived Isa - this can be for the Quran-only Muslims. If you use the tafsirs then they say it was Jibreel. Also include supporting Tafsir's to back up what Kathir says; Jalalayn and Ibn Abbas.
- Victim of Islam
- Check if hadith pages are back on the CMJE site and then restore if they are ()
- Replace Broken link fixes for old usc MSA website --> Link search (gives error after 500 links, total links: 1000) - Use text search and replace beginning part of URL with new URL
- See: Talk:Quotations on Islam from the Noteworthy
- Necrophilia, get the original sources (need Arabic help) Other links: check and add where appropriate or make new article. Additional info: jtf (check video), , , FFI, MEMRI, video 1:40
- Nikah 1, 2, 3. Include definition from Lane's Lexicon (the actual PDF not just the summary)
- Ahmadiyya - add criticism of how they continue to be apologists for mainstream Islam by passing off distinctly Ahmadiyya beliefs as Islamic ones, e.g.: , 
- http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate/ - add everything from here, if sources can be attributed
- Made Victorious Through Terror - links: ,
- Quran Identifies the Sex of the Worker Ant - links: ,
- Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:72 Virgins - Gather all sources from 72 Virgins and related pages
- Breastfeeding in the Qur'an - links: , , 
- Islamophobic Muslims - a page that gives a brief narrative of the neologisms creation and lists Muslims who would fall under the label, thus showing how ridiculous and/or misapplied the term is. (, , , , , ) Maybe also add a section about Shi'ites and Sunnis who constantly demonise each other and who should also fall under this label. Also a section on Muslims who espouse the exact same views of Islam which critics/"Islamophobes" claim about Islam. (, , , , ), , , . Muslims claiming they are all "Osama" or "terrorists":, , , 
- Abdul Azeez ibn Baaz - mainly to cover the "flat earth" incident. Interesting links: , , 
- Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Reproduction - Gather all the sources regarding embryology and semen production etc. When finished, add it to the Reproduction hub page. Interesting narrations: Sahih Bukhari 8:76:562, Sahih Bukhari 4:55:551
- Internet Jihad - Article covering the Islamic phenomena of Internet Jihad. Muslim hacking of internet websites, death threats to internet critics, the tracking down and murder of critics etc. and the fact that Muslims openly discuss hacking sites and do not see this illegal activity conflicting with their faith. Useful links: , , , , , , 
- The Extremist Majority: What a Billion Muslims Really Think - An article analyzing all the data gathered in our Muslim Statistics page, showing that extremists are a majority in Islam. One possible way of doing this effectively is by starting off with a list of all major Muslim countries. Then put statistics available for each subject (e.g. Jihad, Shari'ah punishments, etc.) next to each country. If one country has only little support for Jihad yet has a large number supporting the execution of apostates, the percentage who support execution are obviously extremists regardless of their views on Jihad. Then you find the Muslim population figure for that country and calculate the number of extremists. An example of this can be viewed here. In reality, the number of extremists would likely be even higher than your final calculation, because there would likely be many who don't support killing apostates yet support Jihad etc. Also add examples of intolerance which clearly shoe the extremists are not a "small" minority ( , , , , , , , more examples can be found here)
- Converts to the Nation of Islam - Article listing famous converts to "Islam" who are actually converts to the Nation of Islam (orthodox Muslims hate them and none consider their members to be "Muslims"... except for propaganda purposes)
- When the Holy Nar'uq is completed, create a video similar to Nick Gisburne's video.
- List of Genuine Muslim Inventions, Innovations, Records and Firsts - 1. Genocide  (Armenian Genocide widely acknowledged to have been one of the first modern genocides), 2. Yellow badge (originating in Islamic Bagdhad, and later used by Nazis), 3. Racial-Typing (as claimed by Dr K. Ajram's "Setting the Record Straight: The Miracle of Islamic Science"), 4. Computer Virus (first ever PC virus created in Pakistan), 5. Suicide Bombing (not a Muslim invention, but a first in many countries). Once complete, link to Top 10 Lists under "Main Articles"
- Create a video response to Islam: What Was The Age Of Aisha (RA) When She Got Married ?. All of the arguments made in that video have already been refuted here
- Muslim Desecration of Other Scriptures - Article covering the reaction to Qur'an burnings etc.(useful links: , , , , , , , , , , , , , more here) and Muslims/others desecrating other scriptures without a violent backlash (useful links: , , , , , , , , , ). Also cover the fatwa which allows Muslims to use the Bible as toilet paper . These articles ,  have more info and covers how burning the Qur'an is the Islamic way of desposing of them, and how a Caliph was the first "Qur'an-burner". Video with good info , misc 
- Quotations on Islam from Notable Critics - Possibly include: , . See ,  for ideas. When completed, add to Quotations on Islam hub page
- Tupac Shakur (Conversion to Islam) - an article refuting a claim made by some Muslims of Tupac converting to Islam
- Munafiq (Hypocrites in Islam) - From our Glossary of Islamic Terms "A munafiq is a hypocrite. In particular, this term applies to apostates who hides their apostasy, and peaceful Muslims who refuse to participate in jihad. This is made clear in Q.4.150-151. See also 4.66 , 4.74, and 4.88." For more help and ideas, see: , , and 
- Reported Incidents of Islamic Punishment - See temp page: Temp page for reported punishments. Once finished, link to Punishments hub page
- Top 10 Absurd Arguments Used to Defend Islam - inspiration for article , When Muslims shout "Allah Akbar!" during persecution of non-Muslims it's really in support of the persecuted , Aisha was not really the pre-pubescent daughter of Abu Bakr, but his adult sister , When Allah says to beat your wives he really means to send them away , Yemeni passenger who stormed cockpit shouting 'Allahu Akbar' may have been looking for toilet, Qur'an talks about (white) raisins, not virgins . Once complete, link to Top 10 Lists under "Main Articles"
- Create article on Muhammad's wives (call it: Muhammad and his Wives) based on the Sources. This article would read like a story and would talk about all the good controversial stuff that happened between Muhammad and his wives. Full quotes for hadiths/verses do not have to be given. For references just use the hadith/verse numbers. Link the Sources page at the end in See Also and that will be enough as sources. It would have separate sections for the important wives (Aisha, Safiyah etc) and a combined section for other wives where there's not enough material to warrant a separate section. We have several wife related articles and we'll link those at the end. This is another "overall" article serving as the starting point for all other wife related stuff.
- Article for violent punishments in Islam: stoning, publish lashings, amputation of hands and feet. Combine all issues into one article. Start out with what Islamic sources say. Record any public incidents. Related hadiths are found here. Related links and sources: (news: ), gold medalist who stole flag, flogging video
- Article: "Islamic ban on pork" (or better title): Article that discusses the uselessness of the Islamic ban on pork. For that, it should talk about diseases in other kinds of uncooked meat, any harms or benefits of different kinds of cooked or uncooked meat. Also look at pork eating non-Muslim countries and compare public health to health in Muslim countries. Interesting links: ,
- Was Muhammad an illegitimate child? - sources that point out Abdullah died 4 years before Aminah gave birth to him. Compile into other 'shocking facts', including How he wasnt a Muslim before 40 (prophethood), his parents weren't Muslims (and are in hell), and the other things said by Younas Shaikh for which he was jailed for blasphemy. Useful links: 
- Contact Nimbu for a testimony 
- Create account on meetup.com and ask this guy for a testimony
- Sana Palimpsets - Create article on the Sanaa manuscript fragments.
- Conditions surrounding Muhammad - explore the environment under which Islam developed. This means surrounding areas before and during the life of Muhammad. This will give us some explanation of why Muhammad said and did the things he did. What were the norms back then? Violence, misogyny, etc?
- Thighing - article listing the hadiths and anything else to do with the topic. Links: 
- Is Islam a Peaceful Religion? - article answering the popular question and linking relevant articles. Repetition from Islam (etymology) is ok, etc
- Surah like it Challenge - add the contents of نشيد إخناتون and get together other people who have submitted Surah's like it (ie suralikeit.com)
- Article on how actions of today are the results of Islam, such as here (turning kidnapped women into wives)
- Create article from table List of Wars lead by Muhammad
- Maryam - An article discussing the Islamic Mary. include the points mentioned on Islam and the People of the Book - The Virgin Mary
- Possible article? A comparison of the Quran and the Mein Kampf (PDF of Mein Kampf) As a starting point, see Mein Kampf & Islam
- "Criteria for Bukhari's ahadith" (Sani's article)
- Female Circumcision. Some useful links: Fatwa with various hadith, Fatwa that says FGM is Islamic and not an Inherited custom, Islam Q&A search for "female circumcision", Statistics regarding FGM, Answering Islam page, and Clitoridectomy; Wikipedia; The Age and Islam. See also the responses to the usual lies or distortions used by Muslim apologists here and here.
- Similarities between Early Islam and Modern Islamic Extremism - table can show a side by side comparison of the two (beheadings, assassinations, discrimination against women, hostility towards non-Muslims, harsh punishments). Taliban and extremist/terrorist groups and fundamentalist imams/preachers can be compared. Compare teachings also and quotes from scholars and Muhammad, also side by side.
- Create Flogging and Beheading articles. Be sure to follow the format used in our Amputation, Stoning and Crucifixion articles. Once finished, link to Punishments hub page
- Genesis According to Islam - write a narrative of the Islamic Creation story using the sources found here: Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Creation. Useful summary and links:, . Then discuss the modern-day implications for women, etc. Once complete, add to the Creation hub page
- Islam and the Golden Rule
- Azizah al-Hibri
- Article Muslim - who is a true Muslim: one who follows Islam's beliefs and practices as they were in the days of Muhammad. The closest they follow that, the more true a Muslim they are.
- Islam and Music and link short summary from Islam and Science: collection of different anti-music teachings of Islam from hadiths, scholars and fatwas. Also include Benefits of listening to and playing music, if any, proven in scientific research and studies (lower stress, creativity etc): Music 'Tones the Brain,' Improves Learning, Palliative Care Patients Benefit from Unique Music Therapy Project, Science Has Even More Reasons That Your Kids Should Learn Music, Why Music Moves Us, also: , , long article, , .
- Raisins or Virgins? - needs its own page to attempt to dispel this lie that's propagated. Copy/paste relevant verses, translations of the relevant words with commentaries, quote all notable people who have used the false translation (Irshad Manji, etc)
- Islam and Sexuality: summaries of topics for articles about: pedophilia, homosexuality, bestiality, houri etc
- FFI Forum post import project
- People Who Left Islam - Add ex-muslim testimonies from * here. One is on that page and the others are linked on the right. These people will have to be individually contacted (if contact information is available) and asked for permission. Once you have permission, proceed as follows: create their page from the form. Fill out the form with as much information as you can get from their testimony or website/blog. Contact them to ask for missing information. [* check for testimony This person] may also be an ex-muslim. You'll have to leave a comment in their blog and ask them to email you for something important. When they email you back, only then mention that it would be great if they could write a short testimony of them leaving Islam.
- IDebater - directed towards Muslims, this is a big project. See the link for more detail of what it is about. More information on the project will be posted later.
- Debating Guide - directed towards non-Muslims who are debating Islam. General advice, how to use this site in debates, common types of attitudes seen from the other side and how to deal with it, rejecting a link because its a wiki, anti-Islamic or hate (also link to FAQ, or summarize those questions)
- Hadith exporing project: We will collect all the hadiths that exist which we can collect and gain access to and start going through them to find whatever is useful for the QHS page series (Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Islamic Silliness and so on). Likely a lot many hadiths will be found and new pages can be created for new categories if needed.
- Quran project begun by user A Student
- Expand Islam Illustrated, add from: Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Islamic Silliness and any others. Sample: Islam Illustrated: Saluting Stone
These are on-going tasks that have to be done periodically.
- Check if any articles are present in this category, which has some sub-categories: Category:Articles needing attention
- Adding new websites to Islam on the Net
- Scanning FFI forum's ex-muslim section for new testimonies and contacting them to get permission for publishing their testimony here.
- Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars - Temporary page - categorize any hadiths present on this page
Some routine tasks involve checking Recent Changes:
- Updating WikiIslam:New Articles and WikiIslam:New Articles List. New pages will appear with the "N" notation.
- Reverting vandalism (usually not frequent)
- Checking external links to see if they are still active. If not, you may need to retrieve an archived version from The Wayback Machine or remove the link if a backup cannot be found.
System Generated Reports
These system generated are helpful in finding some routine cleanup/formatting tasks:
- Orphaned pages - these pages are not linked from anywhere and should be linked from relevant existing articles.
- Broken Redirects - these are usually never found but check once in a while
- Dead end pages - pages that dont link to anything on the wiki. Relevant links according to article content should be introduced in these pages.
- Short Pages - Pages that have small amount of content. Check into the possibility of adding content or merging into other articles or deleting the pages if they're not necessary
- Long Pages - this lists pages that are very long. Look into the possibility of splitting these pages into sub-pages and dividing them with the use of temnplates to link them up together.
- Missing Image files - see if you can find missing images for these files. Some files may not be needed to be uploaded (for example some wikipedia images from wikipedia templates)
- Unused Templates - some of these can be deleted
- New Pages - new pages that have been created recently. Check these for formatting issues and any other improvements (content/aesthetics/interlinking/categories).
- Uncategorized pages - see if you can add any existing/new categories to these pages
See Maintenance reports section in Special Pages for other Maintenance related reports
Former Muslim Updates
1. Clean all individual pages for grammar, spelling or formatting issues. Take care of categories.
2. If there's only one or two lines of testimony, move it here: http://wikiislam.com/wiki/Comments_from_Former_Muslims
If there's no testimony at all and only bio info, move it here:
http://wikiislam.com/wiki/People_Who_Left_Islam#Other_ex-Muslims Ask the admin to delete those short ones.
3. Announce new testimonies
a. In the Main table:
b. In the Recent Testimonies page:
Here, also keep the numbers fixed
Just follow the previous examples for how to format the data.
Tasks for Articles in Other Languages
Arabic:after more Arabic articles are created and portal/summary page is created
- Ya2mar_-_Former_Muslim (testimony)
- Article Notes (directions on individual articles)