This page lists tasks that need to be done. If you have any questions about a certain task, please ask the relevant talk page. If you fail to receive a helpful response, comment on an editors talk page directly or, if necessary, contact us.
Inclusion of an article, project or concept on this page does not necessarily mean that it is acceptable for the site. Content still has to be evaluated for suitability on the site. During evaluation content may be partially or wholly edited or removed.
High Priority Articles to Create and Flesh Out
Articles that need to be created are usefully divided by differing domains of knowledge and competence. Persons with a more generic, comparative background in religious studies or people with a general background in editing and writing will likely find the articles categorized under the "Generic" section to be ones they can most productively engage with. Persons with a background in traditional Islamic studies, whether from a taqlid- or ijtihad-oriented perspective, and with and an interest in Islamic scripture will likely prefer articles categorized as being "Of traditional interest". Lastly, persons studied in the historical-critical approaches to Islamic history, primarily expounded in Western scholarship, will likely prefer articles categorized as being "Of historical-critical interest".
A number of the articles bellow may exist only in skeleton-format (that is, having been created and divided into sections while lacking in substantial content) and are a priority in terms of needing to be fully fleshed-out.
Of traditional interest
Of historical-critical interest
Low Priority Articles to Create and Flesh Out
Below are listed articles of lower priority suggested for creation
Topics listed here are of high importance and their reasons for importance are mentioned below:
- Suicide Bombing in Islam - add additional evidence from .
Importance: This topic is discussed very often.
- Mistranslated Qur'anic Verses - A complete rewrite. Should resemble Misinterpreted Qur'anic Verses once finished.
- Add more references for the statements made in Diacritical Marks of the Qur'an.
- Qur'an and the Big Bang - add additional refutation for example Arabic analysis of verse 51:46 (check  for Islamic arguments)
- Quran and Semen Production - Arguments need to be made generic and not specific for a certain website (as seen here). Also add medical references if possible to support claims.
- Scientific_Errors_in_the_Qur'an :
- Muhammad's Raids and Battles
- The Genocide of Banu Qurayza - rewrite to improve tone, style and accuracy
- Discussions message mentions that a hadith link (Jihad is perpetual) is not working anymore on the USC MSA website. It is book 14, # 2526 but that page now has hadiths for book 13 . It used The USC website should be contacted or a replacement should be found. For example 2526 is found 14 here
- Ghazwa-e-hind - add section about the history of the conflict.
- Khawarij - create page with basic info and sources. Analyze the claim that "Islamic terrorists are khawarij".
- Add info on marital rape to Rape. e.g. . Gather relevant hadiths or fatwas (wife must have sex or angels will curse her, etc.)
- Polygamy in Islam - Needs a complete rewrite to adhere to policies and guidelines. Include information from the ScienceDaily article on the talk page.
- Rape - Add stuff from Talk:Rape in Islam to Rape in Islam, for (1) the meaning of 'right hand' and (2) deal with Hirabah apologetic. See the talk page for details.
- Aisha and Puberty - Add some of the info from here
- Muhammad's Companions and Pedophilia - add section about Fatima's marriage to Ali, aged 9-11
- Merge content from Refutation of Modern Apologetics Against Aisha's Age into Responses to Apologetics: Muhammad and Aisha, and delete/redirect the first article so we have one article on the topic. Transform from article on apologetics/polemics into a purely informative/encyclopedic article.
- List of Muhammad's Wives and Concubines - source the statements individually so they are easy to cross-check. If possible, find multiple sources for key statements.
Quran, Hadith and Scholars
- Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Women - A number of the quotes here are obscure. This is not necessary since there are much more authoritative texts available (Qur'an, sahih hadith, etc.,) that make the exact same points. Find these and replace quotes.
- Talk:Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars - Add quotes to relevant pages and/or create new QHS pages
- Read through all the Jami` at-Tirmidhi, Sunan an-Nasa'i and Sunan Ibn Majah hadith found here. Add to relevant QHS page and "Revelational Circumstances of the Qur'an" pages.
- Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Islamic Silliness - Possible additions 
- Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Wives and Concubines of Muhammad - Add all the tabari quotes
- Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Muhammad and Warmongering has more sources concerning the Banu Qurayza than the Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Banu Qurayza page. The QHS page for Banu Qurayza should be the page that contains all available sources concerning them, while the sub-section in "Muhammad the Warmonger" should only be a summary of sources with the "main article" template added.
- Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Sexuality - Add more hadiths relating to sex or sexual issues in this life and afterlife (virgins, sexual power of men in heaven etc).
- Qur'an,_Hadith_and_Scholars:Aisha#Fatwas - Add additional hadiths linked in Fatwa box . So "See 12, 13, 14" on page ... should all be added on the page. Also add additional thighing evidence from  - fatwa 41409
- Attitudes of the Imams and leaders - big collection of quotes. Find sources then add the suitable quotes to QHS. Avoid unimportant leaders of small (usually Western) mosques and obscure 'extremists' such as Anjem Choudary, Abu Hamza or Omar Bakri.
- WikiIslam:Sandbox/Temporary Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars page has many interesting links to Arabic quotes by scholars. Theses need to be translated and inserted in the Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars pages.
- Zamzam Well - add info about adapted the story from the Bible wit errors, review this video
- WikiIslam:Sandbox/Lowest Point on Earth Miracle - finish this and move out of sandbox
- Category:Random Templates - expand to include new articles
- Justice - rewrite. Remove all references to the Bible or Judaism.
- Amputation in Islam - rewrite. Remove all qhs quotes and make separate sections covering all countries that do amputations.
- Sahih Bukhari - add what people said about bukhari and history of editing this book. watch this
- Contradictions in the Hadith - Add more contradictions
- Islamic Antisemitism - Add a section about how Jews are described as animals in the Qur'an and Hadith.
- Muslim Conspiracy Theories - This claim (, ) about Michael Jackson's death (the theory in general) may deserve its own section. Check the net to see how widespread it is.
- Islam and Freedom of Speech - Keeping the basic article there, create separate pages for the "In the Modern World" sections (e.g. Muhammad Cartoons Controversy, Nigeria and the Miss World Pageant etc.), adding/updating with extra information where needed
- Punishments - Ideally each type of punishment should have a general article and a QHS page, together with its own hub page. For example the content from Amputation should be moved to another title, e.g. Amputation in Islam, freeing that page to serve as a "hub". Then the the QHS quotes should be moved to Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Amputation. After this is done, the Amputation in Islam page should be expanded to include information that is gained from the quotes and to respond to the dishonest apologetics etc.
- Adult Suckling - Completely rewrite. misses out some stuff (workplace, 5 times etc), see : and research other sites too.
- Check if hadith pages are back on the CMJE site and then restore if they are ()
- Replace Broken link fixes for old usc MSA website --> Link search (gives error after 500 links, total links: 1000) - Use text search and replace beginning part of URL with new URL
- Review the proposed additions to articles listed here, categorised by article. Saggy (talk) 03:42, 15 August 2014 (PDT)
- Fill the tables and add references in WikiIslam:Sandbox/Diversity_in_Islam about controversial teachings common in most Islamic sects.
- Ahmadiyya books like this book contain factual errors, ad hominem arguments on Meccans, false/fabricated hadiths, and possibly false verses. review them all.
- Parallelism Between the Qur'an and Judeo-Christian Scriptures - reformat and fix references
- http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate/ - add everything from here, if sources can be attributed
- Rewrite Black Stone.
- Create more articles on Shia Islam and Sufism, or at least provide sources here using which articles can be improved/created. Eg. Shia hadith, w:Sufi texts etc. (Sources: , ). Explore aspects of Shia and Sufi beliefs and practices which are in disagreement with mainstream Islam and show how they ignore aspects of mainstream Islam. Find any comments from Muslims and Muslim scholars (calling them apostates, heretics etc) as well notable/relevant non-Muslims who are critical of Shias and Sufis.
- WikiIslam:Sandbox/Pre-Islamic Arabia - Arab history before Islam, what Islam changed.
- Ali - Expand the article on Ali, especially looking at the violence he engaged in.
- Sana Manuscript - Expand the article on the Sanaa manuscript fragments.
- Tawheed, there is already a page Monotheism, but they are not synonymous. In Tawheed, god is the only authority, therefore democracy is haram, because in democracy the "haakimyya" (authority) belongs to the people and not to god. And stuff like that... basically everything that is not Islam is shirk and against tawheed. The vast majority of Islamic Scholars > Muhammad al Maqdisi, Maududi.
- Muhammad's reputation - create article - before Islam he was known as trustworthy according to Muslim sources, but we don't have non-muslim sources. Sirat Rasul Allah contains other absurd stories, obvious myths, that try to prove Muhammad is legit. "Ameen" means trustworthy, but it could be just a name, just like his mom was named Amina.
- Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Dhul-Qarnayn - create page - see:  & 
- Abdul Azeez ibn Baaz - create page - cover the "flat earth" incident. Interesting links: , 
- Munafiq (Hypocrites in Islam) - create page - from Glossary of Islamic Terms "A munafiq is a hypocrite. In particular, this term applies to apostates who hides their apostasy, and peaceful Muslims who refuse to participate in jihad. This is made clear in Q.4.150-151. See also 4.66 , 4.74, and 4.88." For more help and ideas, see: , , and 
- Muhammad's Parents - create page - sources that point out Abdullah died 4 years before Aminah gave birth to him. Compile into other interesting facts, including How he wasnt a Muslim before 40 (prophethood), his parents weren't Muslims (and are in hell), and the other things said by Younas Shaikh for which he was jailed for blasphemy. Useful links: 
- Conditions surrounding Muhammad - create page - explore the environment under which Islam developed. This means surrounding areas before and during the life of Muhammad. This will give us some explanation of why Muhammad said and did the things he did. What were the norms back then? Violence, misogyny, etc?
- Thighing - article listing the hadiths and anything else to do with the topic. Links: 
- Surah like it Challenge - create page - add the contents of نشيد إخناتون and get together other people who have submitted Surah's like it (ie suralikeit.com)
- Article on how actions of today are the results of Islam, such as here (turning kidnapped women into wives)
- Create article from table List of Wars lead by Muhammad - create page
- Maryam - create page - An article discussing the Islamic Mary. include the points mentioned on Islam and the People of the Book - The Virgin Mary
- Female Circumcision. Some useful links: Fatwa with various hadith, Fatwa that says FGM is Islamic and not an Inherited custom, Islam Q&A search for "female circumcision", Statistics regarding FGM, Answering Islam page, and Clitoridectomy; Wikipedia; The Age and Islam. See also the responses to the usual lies or distortions used by Muslim apologists here and here.
- Create Flogging and Beheading articles. Be sure to follow the format used in the Amputation, Stoning and Crucifixion articles. Once finished, link to Punishments hub page
- Genesis According to Islam - write a narrative of the Islamic Creation story using the sources found here: Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Creation. Useful summary and links:, . Then discuss the modern-day implications for women, etc. Once complete, add to the Creation hub page
- Islam and the Golden Rule
- Article Muslim - who is a true Muslim: one who follows Islam's beliefs and practices as they were in the days of Muhammad. The closest they follow that, the more true a Muslim they are.
- Islam and Music - create article - link short summary from Islam and Science: collection of different anti-music teachings of Islam from hadiths, scholars and fatwas. Also include Benefits of listening to and playing music, if any, proven in scientific research and studies (lower stress, creativity etc): Music 'Tones the Brain,' Improves Learning, Palliative Care Patients Benefit from Unique Music Therapy Project, Science Has Even More Reasons That Your Kids Should Learn Music, Why Music Moves Us, also: , , long article, , .
- Islam and Sexuality: summaries of topics for articles about: child marriage, homosexuality, bestiality, houris, etc
- Detailed article for Inheritance Laws, (currently a redirect) should review apologetic perspectives such as ,  etc. Also see comments here
- Beheadings in Historic and Contemporary Islam - Create article in tabular format like list of Killings but only mention incidents in which beheadings were done under the orders of Muhammad and by his historic and modern followers. Compile all historic incidents of beheadings during Muhammad's time, after his death (caliphs and emperors for example). Also summarize incidents of beheadings that have appeared in the Media in the modern world. Examples of historic incidents (see List of Killings for any information): (1) Ibn Hisham, Ibn Ishaq, Alfred Guillaume (translator), The life of Muhammad: a translation of Isḥāq’s Sīrat rasūl Allāh, pp. 755-756. Footnote says: The apostle ordered Uthman to cut his head off. (this incident is about the death of Al-Harith) (2) Banu Qurayza. A lot of sources will need to be scanned.
- Raisins or Virgins? - needs its own page to review Luxenburg's argument. Copy/paste relevant verses, translations of the relevant words with commentaries, quote all notable people who have used the incorrect translation (Irshad Manji, etc). Repeat info from 72 virgins as needed.
- Hadith exporing project: We will collect all the hadiths that exist which we can collect and gain access to and start going through them to find whatever is useful for the QHS page series. Likely a lot many hadiths will be found and new pages can be created for new categories if needed.
- For all translations, include existing Russian translations in the "See also section" and remove the text "For additional languages see the section at the left". This way all languages are present in one location. RU wiki links (such as [[ru:72 девственницы]]) can stay as they are so there's an additional RU link on the left.
- Template:External link - check for extra commas during certain parameter conditions (for example if only author is used, or if author and date is used)
These are on-going tasks that have to be done periodically.
- Check if any articles are present in this category, which has some sub-categories: Category:Articles needing attention
- Category:Article Tasks: Specific tasks for certain articles
- Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars - Temporary page - categorize any hadiths present on this page
- - check for incomplete content that can be integrated into main content
Other periodic tasks:
- Checking Recent Changes and reverting vandalism and removing spam (usually not frequent)
- Archiving external links. If they are not active, you may need to retrieve an archived version from The Wayback Machine or find an alternative.
- Quran/Qur'an inconsistency. Use the proper spelling, Qur'an.
- Check external links: A program called Xenu exists which can automatically check external links on the whole website. View this short 30 second video to see how it works. It can be used to scan only one page, or the whole WikiIslam website. URL patterns can be excluded or included. It will show which URL's are not working and it will also show the pages where the broken URLs were found.
- Tips for using Xenu:
- To scan only a certain page on your site and stop Xenu from scanning all the pages on your site, exclude these two URLs: http://wikiislam.net, and http://www.wikiislam.net
- Under View, Click "Show only broken URL's"
- Report: You can click "Yes" at the end when it asks to generate a report. The report may or may not be useful. If you clicked No, it can also be accessed in the menu 'File -> Report'
- For each broken URL, right click and choose "Copy URL" and then "Open in Browser".
- Verify and delete/replace links: Reported broken links should be manually verified for many reasons:
- Sometimes the website has the content but has a new page. If its a 404 (not found), check the root of the website (visit www.mywebsite.com, instead of mywebsite.com/broken_article.htm) to see if the website is still working. If yes do a Google search to find the content. Use site summaries or content to find the page. If its not found, it may have been deleted.
- Sometimes a website may be blocking Xenu (thinking its some kind of spam bot) and Xenu will report it as 'blocked' or similar. Manually verifying the link will tell you if the link actually works or not.
- If you are scanning multiple pages on the site or the whole website (our website, not external sites), you can see where the broken URL appears by right clicking on the broken URL and choosing 'Properties'. The last entry for the URL will show you the page where the broken URL was found.
- It is possible that the DDOS protection for Wikiislam may block Xenu. If that happens, wait for some time and adjust the concurrent URL's to be only 1 or 2 and see if you can make other adjustments to slow down the scanning.
- Tips for using Xenu:
System Generated Reports
These system generated are helpful in finding some routine cleanup/formatting tasks:
- Broken Pages/redirects/image links:
- Special:WantedPages - pages that have red links. In other words, these may be broken links. Some can be ignored (for example links in templates imported from Wikipedia)
- Broken Redirects - these are usually never found but check once in a while
- Missing Image files - see if you can find missing images for these files. Some files may not be needed to be uploaded (for example some wikipedia images from wikipedia templates)
- Orphaned pages - these pages are not linked from anywhere and should be linked from relevant existing articles.
- Dead end pages - pages that dont link to anything on the wiki. Relevant links according to article content should be introduced in these pages.
- Short Pages - Pages that have small amount of content. Check into the possibility of adding content or merging into other articles or deleting the pages if they're not necessary
- Long Pages - this lists pages that are very long. Look into the possibility of splitting these pages into sub-pages and dividing them with the use of temnplates to link them up together.
- Unused Templates - some of these can be deleted
- New Pages - new pages that have been created recently. Check these for formatting issues and any other improvements (content/aesthetics/interlinking/categories).
- Uncategorized pages - see if you can add any existing/new categories to these pages
See Maintenance reports section in Special Pages for other Maintenance related reports
Tasks for Articles in Other Languages
Temporary to do tasks
Site-wide/Admin Related Tasks
- Improve Translation process: add/create easy to follow steps. Move material from WikiIslam:Translations#Steps_and_Guidelines and expand.
- Configure AbuseFilter to replace anti-vandalism structure. Take high-hit filters from Wikipedia  and any others that can be used here.