Re: new page proposal
This is a new article which I was unable to find at wikiislam.
Since I don't have the right to create new Pages, therefore I had to publish this new article at my talk page (which luckily I am able to edit).
Therefore, I request you to please create a new page for this article, so that I could transfer it there. Thanks.
- Hey Kamran! Sorry again that no one got back to you sooner on this, someone certainly should have (I was myself traveling and unable to access the wiki). Will look to see editor's requests aren't neglected in this manner going forward. Three things regarding your page proposal:
- 1) I will discuss with other admins whether this topic is large enough to merit its own wiki page.
- 2) personally, I don't think this topic is vast or complicated enough to merit its own page, but I do think it is an important topic (i.e. it appears that the quran actually claims god is expanding universe and this is not just some crazy apologetic interpretation) and so should be included on the wiki. I think you should add this topic as a subsection to the Cosmology of the Quran page. Your write up looks pretty good here, although I might edit some language after you post it there (but everything on the wiki is always a work in progress, so no problem there). Just to note quickly, though: don't use fighting language - think of your role as documentary ("modern Islamic scholars say xyz" not "modern Muslim apologists have deliberately and deceptively altered the meaning of..." - see the difference?). As frustrating as it might be, its not our place to accuse Islamic scholars of being "deliberately deceptive apologists", etc. - they may be that, but that's for others to decide. The wiki's goal is just to communicate what they say. Using antagonistic language just alienates those on the fence about leaving Islam, which is our most important audience. Cool?
- 3) thirdly, and this too is no fault of yours, but you should have been provided with a sandbox page to prep this write up. The talk page should only be used for talking. Sorry you were not provided this sooner. I'm going to move your draft to your personal sandbox, which I just made here: https://wikiislam.net/wiki/User:Kamranlashari/Sandbox_1. You can also use these sandboxes I've made for you: https://wikiislam.net/wiki/User:Kamranlashari/Sandbox_2 & https://wikiislam.net/wiki/User:Kamranlashari/Sandbox_3.
- Thanks for your patience and sorry for the delay getting back to you.
- There's a section on this miracle claim on the Scientific Miracles in the Quran page. That might be the best place for adding some extra points (the Cosmology page is more of an overview of academic work on the overall cosmology/cosmography rather than modern apologetics). There used to be a page dedicated to the big bang miracle claim (which involves two verses) with lots of detailed points, but it got deleted and now only exists on the archive (can be found by google), though the archive version was itself two years out of date and missing some subsequent improvements that were unfortunately lost when the live page was deleted.Lightyears (talk) 22:02, 22 August 2021 (UTC)