Difference between revisions of "Talk:Islamic Prophecies: Islam will prevail"
(response to criticizm)
Revision as of 22:06, 17 October 2009
Does anyone knows what should we expect in 2010? they promise more problems on wall stree? I are heading toward dipression?
- .um.... what? --Whale 12:33, 13 April 2009 (PDT)
“It is He who has sent his messenger with guidance and the religion of truth and will make it dominate over all religions, in spite of the idol worshipers.” Q (61:9) The verse has certainly revealed the truth. The meaning of the verse is that Islam will the "dominate" religion of all religions. According to statistics, the Islamic Population is Increasing. Prophecy fulfilled! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Zahraahaidar1 (talk • contribs) on 18 October 2009 (How to sign your posts)
- You can't say the propecy is 'fulfilled' if it hasn't happened yet. Islam is by no means 'dominating' anything - but it is full of infighting (ie. Sunni vs. Shia etc..) and there are still other religions that are bigger than Islam. In fact, Islam is only big by four ways:
- birth rates, birth rates, birth rates!
- "once a Muslim always a Muslim." Muslim countries often count EVERYONE as a Muslim, even though they may not be. Also, apostates can't 'come out' hence are still counted etc...
- When discussing who is a 'true Muslim' (TM), Muslims will usually differentiate, stating only their sect are "true Muslims" (TM) - but when they say how many Muslims there are in the world, they always include ALL of them - even the ones they don't consider to be "true Muslims." you know?
- lies about the number of adherents.
- Also, many translations do not use the word 'dominate' - what translation are you using? (yea I'm too lazy to go look at them all).
- But yeah, in short, you can't say it'sa fulfilled 'prophecy' until it's actually fulfilled and it's not at this time. Sanitarium 15:06, 17 October 2009 (PDT)