- Did Muhammad and the Earliest Muslims Know the Earth is Round?
- 365 days miracle in the Quran
- Embryology in the Quran (Re-written)
- Geocentrism and the Quran (Re-written)
- Zakat (Tax) (Re-Written/Expanded)
Translations Recently Added
- Wpływ muzułmańskiego stroju na zdrowie (Polish)
- Invito a convertirsi all'islam prima dell'attacco (Italian)
- Taqiyya (Italian)
- Les origines païennes de l'Islam (French)
- La religione che cresce di più (Italian)
- 72 Hüri (Bakirə) (Azerbaijani)
- Örtünmenin Vahyolunması (Turkish)
- Olamning Qurondagi manzarasi (Uzbek)
- Jak Kusto (Islomni qabul qilishi) (Uzbek)
Submit an Essay/Op-Ed!
(30 December 2012) - Our submission form is live so what are you waiting for? Submit an essay/op-ed and get your "voice heard" by 250,000+ readers every month. Guideline are currently under construction, thus are not well defined, but have a look at our Featured Essays/Op-Eds to get an idea of what we expect. Also make sure to save your work in a text file in case it doesn't make the cut.
- October 27, 2005
- WikiIslam was created. The URL was announced to a small group of potential editors who started work on the initial content.
- September 4, 2006
- After about one year, the site was opened to the public.
- April 4, 2007
- WikiIslam was inaccessible from 3/20 to 4/4 (about 2 weeks) basically due to security problems in the server (no data was lost).
- May 6, 2007
- Custom edit toolbar buttons were created for Islamic templates (Quran and Hadith).
- July 24, 2007
- Video tags were enabled.
- September 2, 2007
- Anonymous IP address editing was enabled.
- October 8, 2007
- The FFI server was hacked on September 11, 2007 due to which our site was down for almost a month. Editing was disabled for about one year due to server issues.
- August 25, 2008
- We moved the site to shared hosting and editing was enabled again. Database compaction was done for the first time to reduce the size of the database.
- February 22, 2009
- Donation page created.
- March 18, 2009
- A lockdown mode was created for the wiki which protected against persistent vandalism
- May 4, 2011
- WikiIslam page removed by Facebook. Apologies to our Facebook fans.
- December 2011
- To maintain site integrity, the flagged revisions extension was installed so edits by new and IP users have to be approved by existing users.
- August 2012
- Occasional traffic spikes caused high CPU usage. We had used shared hosting from August 2008-2012 (4 years) but it could no longer support our traffic.
- October 2012
- We upgraded from shared hosting to VPS in October 2012. Database compaction was done before the move for the second time to reduce the size of the database.
- February 2013
- We were on a VPS hosting plan but were still using a lot of CPU (on average, 70% of our allotted CPU). We moved to a new VPS server setup for improved speed and growth opportunities
- Work on the Russian sub-domain started and it is now open to the public.
- April 12, 2015
- The Bulgarian sub-domain was created.
- Site Map - Use to navigate WikiIslam and find the information you need