Qur'an Explains the Human Body
- This article expresses a pro-Islamic viewpoint.
The human body can be completely understood and a comprehensive methodology for the understanding of the human body can be derived from the Noble Qur'an .
Allah (God) Almighty describes the creation of humans by stating that the human body is created from clay (i.e. water and soil).
Thus Allah (God) teaches us that the first step in understanding the human body is to study the components comprising the human body. And as shown below there is a perfect match between the elements comprising the human body and those comprising soil.
The second stage in the creation of humans as described in the Noble Qur'an is the Nutfah. This stage is the formation of the DNA molecule which contains geometrical hexagonal shapes arranged in a specified pattern, such that each three shapes code for a certain amino acid. Thus the DNA molecule contains the words of Allah (God) Almighty for creation, such that it contains the type, number, and sequence of the building blocks of proteins.
Thus after the creation of the elements needed for the human body (i.e. ferrous, calcium, phosphorus, etc.) the next stage is the words of Allah (God) (i.e. the engineering specifications) on how these elements should be assembled together.
After the above stage comes the Alaqa stage. This stage is concerned with the formation of the cells and cells are the factories that manufacture proteins. Such that the cells read the words of Allah (God) Almighty stored in the DNA molecule and these words are translated into created objects (i.e. proteins)
After the creation of a large number of cells, Allah (God) distributes these cells in clusters. For example a cluster of cells in the chest, head, feet regions. I named this distribution = The Bio-Mass Distribution. Such that this distribution dictates the energy skeleton on which the human body will grow. In the sense that these cells interact with the gravitational field of the earth and it causes the formation of an electromagnetic energy skeleton on which the human body will grow.
Known elements that make up the human body: oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sulfur, sodium, chlorine, magnesium, iron, fluorine, zinc, silicon, rubidium, strontium, bromine, lead, copper, aluminum, cadmium, cerium, barium, iodine, tin, titanium, boron, nickel, selenium, chromium, manganese, arsenic, lithium, cesium, mercury, germanium, molybdenum, cobalt, antimony, silver, niobium, zirconium, lanthanum, gallium, tellurium, yttrium, bismuth, thallium, indium, gold, scandium, tantalum, vanadium, thorium, uranium, samarium, beryllium, tungsten
Most of the human body is made up of water, H2O, with cells consisting of 65-90% water by weight. Therefore, it isn't surprising that most of a human body's mass is oxygen. Carbon, the basic unit for organic molecules, comes in second. 99% of the mass of the human body is made up of just six elements: oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium, and phosphorus.
- Oxygen (65%)
- Carbon (18%)
- Hydrogen (10%)
- Nitrogen (3%)
- Calcium (1.5%)
- Phosphorus (1.0%)
- Potassium (0.35%)
- Sulfur (0.25%)
- Sodium (0.15%)
- Magnesium (0.05%)
Copper, Zinc, Selenium, Molybdenum, Fluorine, Chlorine, Iodine, Manganese, Cobalt, Iron (0.70%) Lithium, Strontium, Aluminum, Silicon, Lead, Vanadium, Arsenic, Bromine (trace amounts)
If we were to combine the elements above we might be able to make some interesting looking soup but when Nature combines these same elements in very special ways they make a living breathing person. Once the person is built it automatically rebuilds itself throughout its lifetime. In order to do this it must have a continuous supply of these same elements and once again they must be combined in very special ways. Understanding the elements we need and the way they must be combined can profoundly affect our lives in the way we feel, act, look and think. It is the only way that we can ever be all that we can be!
The Qur'an is not a scientific book or a book of stories. Many people argue the point that Muslims try to explain a whole topic on the basis of one sentence from the Qur'an. My reply to that argument is that the Holy Quran is Allah's book, and in it, Allah gives hints about everything on every topic; therefore even the smallest sentence can be the basis of an entire book.
Before making that assumption about the Holy Qur'an,what has to be understood is that the Qur'an is not addressing someone in year 2009. It is addressing people in 600 ca and explaining incidents that occurred in 4000 BC. The mental capacity and the level of understanding of someone in 600 ca is different from a modern day individual. If Allah had clearly said in the Holy Qur'an "the Earth is round", people would have believed in it, but they also would have been confused by it. And that confusion would have caused weakening of faith and become the cause of strengthening the will of Prophet Muhammad pbuh's rivals. But even today in 2009, humans have not been able to find any discrepancies in the Holy Qur'an. And even after a 1000 years, the Qur'an will still be ahead of science because it is the book of Allah and of course as he is the creator of the universe, his knowledge will exceed that of mere humans.
- Verily, the likeness of 'Īsā (Jesus) before Allâh is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then (He) said to him: "Be!" - and he was. (59)
- He it is who created you from clay, and then decreed a stated term (for you). And there is in His presence another determined term; yet ye doubt within yourselves!. (2)
- It is We who created you and gave you shape; then We bade the angels prostrate to Adam, and they prostrated, not so Iblis; he refused to be of those who bow down. (11)
- (Allah) said: "what prevented thee from bowing down when I commanded thee?" He said: "I am better than he: thou didst create me from fire, and him from clay." (12)
- And indeed, We created man from dried (sounding) clay of altered mud. (26)
- And the jinn, We created aforetime from the smokeless flame of fire. (27)
- And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: "I am going to create a man (Adam) from dried (sounding) clay of altered mud. (28)
- "So, when I have fashioned him completely and breathed into him (Adam) the soul which I created for him, then fall (you) down prostrating yourselves unto him." (29)
- So, the angels prostrated themselves, all of them together. (30)
- Except Iblîs (Satan), - he refused to be among the prostrators. (31)
- He has created man from Nutfah (mixed drops of male and female sexual discharge), then behold, this same (man) becomes an open opponent. (4)
- Behold! We said to the angels: "Bow down unto Adam": they bowed down except Iblis: he said "Shall I bow down to one whom Thou didst create from clay?" (61)
- And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth). (12)
- Thereafter We made him (the offspring of Adam) as a Nutfah (mixed drops of the male and female sexual discharge and lodged it) in a safe lodging (womb of the woman). (13)
- Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood), then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh, then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So Blessed is Allâh, the Best of creators. (14)
- After that, surely, you will die. (15)
- Then (again), surely, you will be resurrected on the Day of Resurrection. (16)
- And among His Signs is this, that He created you (Adam) from dust, and then [Hawwa' (Eve) from Adam's rib, and then his offspring from the semen, and], - behold you are human beings scattered! (20)
- And among His Signs is this, that He created for you wives from among yourselves, that you may find repose in them, and He has put between you affection and mercy. Verily, in that are indeed signs for a people who reflect. (21)
- Who made everything He has created good, and He began the creation of man from clay. (7)
- Then He made his offspring from semen of dispised water (male and female sexual discharge). (8)
- Then He fashioned him in due proportion, and breathed into him the soul (created by Allâh for that person), and He gave you hearing (ears), sight (eyes) and hearts. Little is the thanks you give! (9)
- And Allah did create you from dust; then from a sperm-drop; then He made you in pairs. And no female conceives, or lays down (her load), but with His knowledge. Nor is a man long-lived granted length of days, nor is a part cut off from his life, but is in a Decree (ordained). All this is easy for Allah. (11)
- Does not man see that We have created him from Nutfah (mixed male and female discharge — semen drops). Yet behold! he (stands forth) as an open opponent. (77)
- And he puts forth for Us a parable, and forgets his own creation. He says: "Who will give life to these bones after they are rotten and have become dust?" (78)
- Say: (O Muhammad SAW) "He will give life to them Who created them for the first time! And He is the All-Knower of every creation!" (79)
- Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I am about to create man from clay: (71)
- "When I have fashioned him (in due proportion) and breathed into him of My spirit, fall ye down in obeisance unto him." (72) So the angels prostrated themselves, all of them together; (73)
- Not so Iblis: he was haughty, and became one of those who reject Faith. (74)
- (Allah) said: "O Iblis! what prevents thee from prostrating thyself to one whom I have created with My hands? Art thou haughty? Or art thou one of the high (and mighty) ones?" (75)
- (Iblis) said: "I am better than he: Thou createdst me from fire, and him Thou createdst from clay." (76)
- He created man (Adam) from sounding clay like the clay of pottery. (14)
- And the jinn He created from a smokeless flame of fire. (15)
- Verily, We have created man from Nutfah (drops) of mixed semen (sexual discharge of man and woman), in order to try him, so We made him hearer and seer. (2)
- H. A. Harper, V. W. Rodwell, P. A. Mayes, Review of Physiological Chemistry, 16th ed., Lange Medical Publications, Los Altos, California 1977.