Holy Terror (Graphic Novel)
|Author||Frank Miller (writer & artist)|
|Released||September 28, 2011|
Holy Terror is a graphic novel by the legendary comic artist Frank Miller which follows a superhero named the Fixer as he battles Muslim terrorists after an attack on Empire City, a fictional city based on New York.
According to its Amazon.com description, "There's a deadly menace somewhere in Empire City, and The Fixer only has until dawn to save his town - and civilization as we know it! Legendary Comics presents an all-out, head-busting, bone-breaking, neck-snapping brawl of a tale from Frank Miller, one of the most celebrated storytellers of the medium. Years in the making, HOLY TERROR features the desperate and brutal quest of a hero as he is forced to run down an army of murderous zealots in order to stop a crime against humanity."
In a similar vein to classic comics that featured Superman and Captain America "punching out Hitler", the book was originally proposed as Holy Terror, Batman! in 2006, with the plot revolving around Batman defending Gotham City from an attack by the Islamic terrorist group Al Qaeda.
The executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), Nihad Awad (someone who refuses to condemn the terrorist organization Hamas), condemns Miller’s book, describing it as “shameful”
Holy Terror Trailer
Frank Miller Interview
- Official site for Frank Miller's Holy Terror
- Purchase this graphic novel from Amazon.com
- Holy Terror: Frank Miller’s ‘Fixer’ Takes On Jihad
- Legendary Confirms Frank Miller's "Holy Terror" - Comic Book Resources, June 28, 2011
- Comic book hero takes on al-Qaeda - BBC News, February 15, 2006
- Geoff Boucher - Frank Miller’s ‘Holy Terror’ leaves Gotham: ‘I’ve taken Batman as far as he can go’ - LA Times (Hero Complex), July 29, 2010
- See CAIR's Nihad 'Awad Refuses to Condemn Hamas, translated from this Arabic language article on Aljazeera.net
- Josh Gerstein - Islamic Groups Named in Hamas Funding Case - The New York Sun, June 4, 2007
- Mark Tapson - Holy Terror: Frank Miller’s ‘Fixer’ Takes On Jihad - FrontPage Magazine, November 1, 2011