Muhammad and the Clinical Definition of Pedophilia (Short Version)
This is the short version of "Muhammad and the Clinical Definition of Pedophilia" which discusses the DMS (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual) of mental disorders and cites sahih hadiths to prove that Muhammad was a pedophile according to the clinical definition.
- 1 Pedophilia according to DSM-IV-TR
- 2 Islamic law in Aisha's time said that only pre-pubescent girls were allowed to play with or own dolls
- 3 Aisha had her dolls with her when she married Muhammad
- 4 Aisha had sex with Muhammad when she was 9 years old
- 5 Aisha was still playing with/owning dolls when she was 14 years old at the time of the Battle of Khaibar
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 See Also
Pedophilia according to DSM-IV-TR
B. The person has acted on these sexual urges, or the sexual urges or fantasies caused marked distress or interpersonal difficulty.C. The person is at least age 16 years and at least 5 years older than the child or children in Criterion A.
Note: This does not include an individual in late adolescence involved in an ongoing sexual relationship with a 12- or 13-year-old.
Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition, Psychiatry Online
Islamic law in Aisha's time said that only pre-pubescent girls were allowed to play with or own dolls
Aisha had her dolls with her when she married Muhammad
Aisha had sex with Muhammad when she was 9 years old
Apologists will insist that the term 'consummate the marriage' means the completion of the 'nikah' ceremony, not sex. This is despite the Abu Dawud hadith no. 2116 translation (above) that explicitly states 'intercourse' . Be that as it may, does 'consummate the marriage' mean sex? Here is proof that it does. In Sahih Bukhari, vol. 7, No. 64, the root word used is "dakhala". From the Hans-Wehr Arabic-English Dictionary:
Aisha was still playing with/owning dolls when she was 14 years old at the time of the Battle of Khaibar
The Messenger of Allah (SAW) returned from the battle of Tabook or Khaibar (the narrator of the hadith was in doubt about whether he was told "Tabook or Khaibar."). There was a curtain covering her 'sahwah' (chamber or small room in front of the house). The wind blew a side of the curtain and uncovered Aisha's dolls. He (SAW) said: What is this, O Aisha? She said: My dolls. The he (SAW) saw amongst them a horse with two wings from scraps of cloth. He (SAW) said: What is this which I see amongst them (amongst the dolls)? She said: A horse. He asked: What is upon it? She said: Two wings. He (SAW) asked (in astonishment): A horse with two wings? She said: Didn't you hear that Sulaiman (Solomon - AS) had horses with wings? She said: Then he (SAW) laughed until I saw his molar teeth.Abu Daawood, An-Nasaa'iee as-Sunan al-Kubraa, Albani (ra) says the chain of narrators of an-Nasaa'ee is authentic (Saheeh). As for the chain of narrators of Abu Daawood, Albani (ra) has also declared it to be authentic (saheeh)
Shaykh al-Islam, Imam Ibn Hajar, Hafiz, Commander of the Faithful in Hadith, Qadi of Egypt, concluded that Aisha was pre-pubescent when she was 14 years old.
If she was pre-pubescent when she was 14 years old, she must have been also pre-pubescent when she was 9 years old when she married and had sex with Muhammad.
Does Muhammad meet all the criteria needed to be classed a Pedophile?
- Criteria A: Over a period of at least six months, recurrent, intense sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors involving sexual activity with a prepubescent child or children (generally age 13 years or younger).
Yes, Muhammad had sexual relations with a pre-pubescent child over a prolonged period - likely to have been at least 6 to 7 years.
- Criteria B: The person has acted on these sexual urges, or the sexual urges or fantasies caused marked distress or interpersonal difficulty.
Yes, Muhammad had acted on his sexual urges - as demonstrated by Tabari IX:131 and various other Bukhari ahadith that state that consummation had taken place at the age of nine when it had been established that Aisha had not reached puberty until she was at least 14 years of age.
- Criteria C: The person is at least age 16 years and at least 5 years older than the child or children in Criterion A.
Yes, Muhammad was 54 years old while Aisha was only 9 years old at the time of sexual intercourse.
Therefore, even according to the most stringent clinical definition of pedophilia - the DSM-IV-TR - Muhammad would be found guilty as charged.
- Aisha's Age of Consummation - Long version
- Responses to Apologetics: Muhammad and Aisha
- Refutation of Modern Apologetics Against Aisha's Age
- Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Aisha - Islamic sources relating to Aisha