Difference between revisions of "Questions to Ask About Islam"
|[checked revision]||[checked revision]|
(→External Links: Replaced dead link)
|Line 343:||Line 343:|
*[http://www..//.htm 60 Questions to ask Muslims] ''- More difficult questions to ask a Muslim''
*[http://www.danielpipes.org/1322/finding-moderate-muslims-do-you-believe-in-modernity Do you believe in modernity?] ''- Questions to ask a Muslim to determine if s/he is a "moderate" or an "extremist"''
*[http://www.danielpipes.org/1322/finding-moderate-muslims-do-you-believe-in-modernity Do you believe in modernity?] ''- Questions to ask a Muslim to determine if s/he is a "moderate" or an "extremist"''
*[http://www.answering-islam.org/Emails/good_questions.htm Questions To Ask A Muslim] ''- Questions for Christians to ask a Muslim''
*[http://www.answering-islam.org/Emails/good_questions.htm Questions To Ask A Muslim] ''- Questions for Christians to ask a Muslim''
Revision as of 06:37, 20 July 2014
- 1 Allah
- 2 Apostasy
- 3 Arabic
- 4 Body
- 5 Children
- 6 Conflict/Terrorism
- 7 Creation
- 8 Drinks
- 9 Flat Earth
- 10 Hell
- 11 Ka'aba
- 12 Marriage
- 13 Messengers
- 14 Natural Disasters
- 15 Prophecy
- 16 Rules & Rituals
- 17 Science
- 18 Scriptures
- 19 Sex
- 20 Shari’ah
- 21 Women
- 22 Miscellaneous
- 23 Islamic Sects
- 24 Non-Islamic Sects
- 25 See Also
- 26 External Links
- 27 References
- The Qur'an says Allah cannot have a son without a consort, yet claims Mary had a son without a consort. Is this not limiting Allah's omnipotence, and why is Mary capable of doing something Allah cannot?
- Is Allah the god of the Old Testament?
- 1 of Allah's 99 names translates as the Deceiver. Why would you believe in any such deity?
- Why does almost every description of Allah also equal non-existence? (i.e. incorporeal, immaterial, ineffable, unfathomable, incomprehensible, etc.)
- If no one has seen Allah, its sex cannot be determined. Why do you still address it as a male?
- Why would Allah have to bribe his followers by promising them loot?
- How can Allah be the Best of Creators if millions of sperms get wasted in trying to fertilize one egg?
- Would you trust a political party which does not allow ex-members to speak out? If not, why would you trust Islam, and why should anyone convert to a religion which kills apostates and does not allow criticism?
- Why do so many people still leave Islam even though they receive death threats for doing so?
- Why is there "no compulsion" in religion when the punishment for apostasy, both "normal" apostasy and "treason", is death?
- Classic Arabic is missing vowels and dots. If the Qur'an is the "words of God" only in its original language, why did Allah not reveal it in a language that was fully developed?
- There are only 150 million native Arabic speakers in the world today. Why did Allah not reveal the Qur'an in a language more widely spoken on earth such as Mandarin (800 million), Spanish (358 million), English (350 million), Hindi (200 million) or Russian (160 million)?
- If you cannot criticize Islam unless you know Classical Arabic (because your understanding of what Islam is may be erroneous), doesn't that mean the vast majority of Muslims follow and/or propagate a religion they do not understand?
- Why is Arabic only difficult to understand or translate when a non-Muslim criticizes the Qur'an? And why do Muslims claim critics mis-translate words when it is often their own scholars and their most authoritative Arabic to English dictionaries that confirm otherwise?
- There are many Arabic dialects such as Egyptian, Gulf, Eastern Arabic, Maghrebi and dozens of others. Which one did Allah want us to use to interpret the Qur'an?
- Muslims believe that our body parts will testify our sins in the hereafter. Is that true for donated body parts as well?
- If circumcision is a command from Allah, shouldn't it be mentioned in the Qur'an? And why did Allah not create us circumcised if he wants us that way?
- Why does Allah hate tattoos, and why has he forbidden it?
- Why does Allah curse people for plucking their eyebrows?
- Muslims always attack the Christian concept of Original sin and the Hindu/Buddhist concept of Karma. So how do you explain innocent children being born with Aids or being born deformed? Is it "Allah's will" to make innocent children suffer? Does he think it’s funny to create Hermaphrodites and Schizophrenics?
- Why does Islam ban adoption? What's so evil about it?
- Little children may believe in Cinderella talking to birds and mice and stuff. What makes you smarter than a child if you believe that Suleiman, as the Qur'an says, was talking to ants?
- Why do you say there's no compulsion in religion even though the hadith says you should hit kids who don't pray?
- Why do some of you claim sex is only allowed with girls who have had their first menses, when the Qur'an allows sex with pre-pubescent girls?
- Lina Medina (born September 27, 1933, in Ticrapo, Peru), had her menarche at age 8 months. So is it okay to have sex with an 8 month old baby?
- Is sex between a 53 year old man and a 9 year old girl, immoral or moral?
- Modern Muslims have religious conflicts with: Hindus in Kashmir; Christians in Nigeria, Egypt, and Bosnia; atheists in Chechnya and China; Baha'is in Iran; Animists in Darfur; Buddhists in Thailand; each other in Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, and Yemen; Jews in Israel; Why is Islam involved in more sectarian and religious conflicts than any other religion today? In fact, why is Islam the only religion in conflict with every single one of today's major world religions?
- To this day there is sectarian conflict between Sunnis and Shi'ites in Lebanon, Iraq, Yemen and Pakistan. Did Allah plan this?
- Why are Muslims often concerned about Palestinian Muslims but not about Iraqis, Yemenis, Sudanese and Pakistanis who get butchered by fellow Muslims?
- Al-Quds (القُدس Jerusalem) is not once mentioned directly in the Qur'an. So why make such scriptural contentions?
- Why do Muslims build, or attempt to build, mega mosques in controversial places such as the London Olympic site, the New York ground zero, and outside the Vatican?
- Why do Muslims so often go on a violent rampage after Friday prayers?
- If Allah sent angels to help Muhammad defeat the pagans at the Battle of Badr, why did he not send them at larger and more decisive battles where non-Muslims checked the growth of Islam eg. Charles Martel in Poitiers (732), the Hindu Alliance in Rajasthan (738), Hulagu Khan in Baghdad (1258), the Holy League in Lepanto (1571) and the Hapsburgs in Vienna (1683)?
- Why do some Muslims ridicule the Old Testament rendition of Eve's creation, when the Qu'ran also tells us that she was made from Adam, and Sahih hadith tell us it was specifically from Adam's rib?
- Isn't making all women menstruate, suffer pregnancy and become stupid as a punishment for Eve's transgressions in the garden (a view which is confirmed by the Qur'an and sahih hadith) a little sexist? What about Adam? He ate the fruit too.
- The Qur'an refers to alcohol as an "abomination" and "Satan's handwork", so why does the Qur'an also praise alcohol and emphasize the point that it is something found in heaven?
- When used in moderation, there are numerous benefits in the consumption of alcohol. Rather than giving us an outright ban, shouldn't Allah have only prohibited its abuse?
- The Qur'an encourages people to drink milk and tells us it is something being served in the Muslim Paradise, but if you claim the potential health risk of alcohol was enough to cause its prohibition, why not also ban the drinking of milk which is potentially more harmful due to most of the world's population, past and present, not being biologically designed to digest milk?
- If life is a test, isn't banning alcohol in Muslim countries the same as interfering in Allah's affairs?
- Why is alcohol based mouthwash forbidden? Can people absorb enough alcohol through the skin to get drunk?
- Muhammad claimed Zamzam (Islamic holy water) is miraculous and it could heal any disease. So why does it contain arsenic levels three times the legal limit, high levels of nitrate, and other potentially harmful bacteria? Does Allah want to poison his followers?
- The Qur'an says the Earth is like a rug. No one has ever seen a spherical rug. Why did Allah not use the word "Kurah" (Arabic for spherical) before the word "Earth" like all Arabic texts do today?
- Why is it that every year Muslims on opposite sides of Earth can't agree when Ramadan starts? Did Allah use outdated astronomical calculations because he thought the Earth was flat?
- The earth is not flat, so why do Muslims pray to the East (or West) when the shortest distance to Mecca is through the Earth (if you want to go through the earth) or through the poles (if you want to travel along the surface)?
- A Muslim must pray facing Mecca, and to pray with their back to Mecca would be sacrilegious. From a flat-earth viewpoint, this makes sense. But the earth is spherical, so if you pray facing Mecca, you also have your back to Mecca at the same time (and vice-versa). How do you explain this?
- The closer we get to the North and South poles, the longer our days or nights become. They can eventually extend for up to several months each, making the fourth Pillar of Islam impossible to practice without starving yourself to death. Was Allah unaware of the poles and Eskimos?
- Is it fair that (according to multiple sahih hadith) on the Day of Resurrection Allah will spare you from hell-fire by allowing you to throw Jews and Christians into hell instead?
- Every non-Muslim who died before Islam was "revealed during their time-period/region" is in Hell (this includes Muhammad's parents). Why were they never given a chance?
- After death, non-Muslims will be tortured by a bald snake. Is it the same snake from the Egyptian myths (Apep)?
- The Ka'aba was destroyed at least twice after Muhammad's death. Why didn't Allah send birds to protect the Ka'aba then?
- The Black Stone in the Ka'aba has been struck and smashed by a stone fired from a catapult, it has been smeared with excrement, stolen and ransomed by the Qarmatians, and smashed into several fragments. Why did Allah not protect this important 'holy' stone from desecration and damage?
- Why do Muslims follow the pre-Islamic pagan practice of circling the Ka'aba (Tawaf)?
- Do you think it's strange that Judaism and Christianity (the religions of those who are considered People of the Book) do not practice ritual circumambulation (e.g. circling the Ka'aba) to please God, but pre-Islamic Arab Paganism and Hinduism and Buddhism (religions older than Islam and accused by Islam of “paganism”) do practice ritual circumambulation?
- Why do you have to circumambulate the Ka'aba seven times? Why not just once? Why not eight or six times? And why only in a counter-clockwise direction?
- Whenever royalty or important persons come to the Ka'aba, security give them a special place for prayer in the hateem. Why is there such inequality at the Ka'aba?
- There are hundreds of cleaners at the Ka'aba who regularly clean away pigeon droppings. If the Masjid al-Haram is truly holy, why does Allah allow birds to defile it?
- Why are men permitted to have four wives but women are only allowed one husband?
- Why is having four wives permitted but having five wives is forbidden?
- Why do many Muslim women disagree with their husband getting a second wife even though Allah has allowed up to four wives?
- Why does Allah allow and even encourage (through Muhammad's example) marriage between cousins? Does he not know it causes genetic disorders in offspring?
- Do you think it’s right that a man can divorce for any reason (by pronounces "talaq" three times) but a woman has to plead her case before a judge?
- Fifty percent of men worldwide have had extra-marital sex. So, in theory, do half the men on earth deserve to be stoned or lashed?
- Does Allah really want the children of adulterers to grow up without their parents because they need to be executed?
- Does Allah really think public whipping is the most enlightened way to deal with those who have sex before marriage?
- Instead of the outdated and unreliable method of four witnesses to adultery, why not just use DNA samples which non-Muslims invented?
- How do you know that the angel Muhammad was talking to was from Allah and was not Satan himself?
- Michael H. Hart, the Jewish American author of "The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History", claims the 2 reasons he decided Muhammad deserved the number 1 spot was because of his success as a warlord, and because he himself wrote the Qur'an and made-up all of Islam's theology and laws. Do you agree with these claims? If not, do you still feel proud of his placing?
- Do you think it is okay that Muhammad beheaded a whole tribe (Banu Qurayza) as if they were all guilty? Is it morally acceptable that even children with traces of pubic hair were killed?
- Why do some of you condemn an ordinary person for engaging in pedophilia, but when your prophet does it, you make up excuses and even defend his actions?
- Why does Muhammad's ascension story sound so strikingly similar to Jesus' ascension? Could it have been a copy-cat story?
- Why is the Qur'an full of verses that say "Muhammad is not crazy"? Why did so many people accuse Muhammad of being crazy?
- Since many of Muhammad's own family members did not believe him, why should we?
- How do you know whether or not Muhammad suffered from schizophrenia, narcissism, or Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder?
- If Muhammad was illiterate, why does Sahih Hadith such as Bukhari say he used to write letters?
- The most authentic hadith collections, like Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, and Abu Dawud confirm that Muhammad fornicated with a 9 year old. So does Tabari. So why do some Muslims ignore or deny this?
- In Islam, Muhammad is given the honor of being the uswa hasana. He is viewed as "the perfect model of conduct for all Muslims," and Allah asserts his morality as being “sublime”. So what crime exactly has Osama bin Laden committed which Muhammad did not?
- Unlike Muhammad, Osama bin Laden is not a known pedophile. Doesn't this mean that the world's most notorious terrorist is in fact a more moral man than the founder of Islam?
- The Qur'an claims the New Testament is a book given to Jesus. However, in reality, it consists of books by Jesus' followers. Why make such an obvious error?
- When Allah fooled the Jews (and eventually the Christians) into thinking Jesus was crucified on the cross, was he being a Deceiver?
- Why did Allah wait 600 years to tell the Christians and Jews that Jesus did not really die on the cross?
- Instead of simply saying 'Jesus didn't get resurrected', why did Allah not prove Jesus was not resurrected to avoid more than two billion mislead Christians?
- According to Muslims, Jesus never said he was the son of God. So why is "son of Mary" explicitly added whenever anyone addresses him? Are they telling Jesus something he doesn't already know?
- Why did Allah let Christianity become the world's largest religion if Jesus was meant to be a prophet only for the Children of Israel and Muhammad for all mankind?
- Why does Allah mostly target Muslim majority countries in major earthquakes? If this is a test of faith, doesn't the indiscriminate killing of innocent women and children make him unworthy of worship?
- While non-Muslims provide most of the aid after a natural disaster, Allah does nothing. Does he abandon his people on purpose and wish to humiliate them?
- Why doesn't Allah prevent Mosques from being desecrated during earthquakes in Muslim countries?
- Allah tells you not to take non-Muslims as “friends and protectors”. So why do Muslims accept aid from non-Muslims?
- Kashmir is divided between India, Pakistan, and China. Why did Allah destroy the Pakistan-controlled part of Kashmir rather than the Hindu and Buddhist majority regions in the 2005 earthquake?
- Why do you deny the prophecies of Mirza Ghulam Ahmed, Bahá'u'lláh, and Rashad Khalifa?
- Islam makes many prophecies about the end of times, but why are none of the modern technologies prophecized?
- How much of a god is Allah if he sent 128,000 failed prophets before sending us Muhammad with a final message?
- People such as Nostradamus, Isaac Newton, and Einstein had many prophecies, so were they divinely inspired too?
Rules & Rituals
- Why can't you simply say in your head "thanks Allah" instead of praying to Allah with gestures that don't make any sense?
- Why would Allah care about which foot we enter the toilet with, and why does he care about which shoe we put on first?
- Why does Allah care whether you use even or odd numbers of toilet paper or stones in the loo?
- Why would an omnipotent deity care which hand you use to eat?
- Why does Allah care whether or not you sleep on your stomach?
- Why does Allah want you to trim your mustache and grow your beard? Why is he preoccupied with such trivial things?
- Why in Islam is it forbidden to touch a dog but not a rat, when rats are much more dirty?
- Why does Allah recommend you to dye your hair? Why on earth would an omnipotent deity care what color your hair is?
- Why does Allah forbid silk for men? Why does he care what clothing material you have on?
- Why does Allah care what type of clothes (i.e. the ihram) you wear when going on Hajj?
- If there truly is science in the Qur'an, why didn't Maurice Bucaille convert to Islam?
- Other religions claim to have scientific miracles too, so wouldn't this mean that the Islamic argument is void?
- Why do alleged claims of compatibility between the Qur'an and science only come after the scientific discovery is made?
- If Muslims trust Muhammad, why not use his recommended medicines (mentioned in numerous sahih hadith) such as camel urine rather than western products?
- Muhammad said if you eat seven dates every morning, no poison can harm you. Does that include protection against arsenic, cyanide, ricin, and sarin?
- If the Qur'an and Hadith are full of science (as Muslims claim) why did the owners of these scriptures not invent computers, TVs, spaceships, helicopters, ipods, satellites, birth control pills, vaccination for smallpox, telephones, radios, light bulbs, microchips, CDs, playstations, refrigerators, microwaves, stainless steel, plastic, x-rays, polio-vaccine, anti-biotics, heart-transplants, DNA studies etc?
- Most claims of scientific achievements made by followers of Islam during the so-called "Golden Age" (for example; all 20 inventions mentioned by Paul Vallely) have been either refuted or shown to have been greatly exaggerated. How do you feel about that?
- Why doesn't Allah find a way to refute human evolution?
- Muhammad said that black cumin cures all diseases except death. Can it cure AIDS, Polio, Diabetes and Bird Flu among many others?
- Why do you claim the Bible is corrupt but at the same time proclaim Muhammad is mentioned in the Bible?
- If you believe only parts of the Bible have been corrupted, how do you differentiate between the good and the bad? Don't you think arbitrarily choosing whatever verses suit your argument is intellectually dishonest?
- The Qur'an never says the physical scriptures of the previous revelations were corrupted, only their interpretations. So why does the Qur'an contradicts the message of the Bible?
- Early Islamic scholars such as Ibn al-Layth, Ibn Rabban, Ibn Qutayba, Al-Ya'qubi, Al-Tabari, Al-Baqillani, Al-Mas'udi, and Al-Bukhari confirm that the Taurat and Injil were not physically corrupted. So why is belief to the contrary so prevalent among today’s Muslims?
- Why did Allah not (as most Muslims claim) protect Christianity or Judaism from "corruption"? If he couldn't get it right the first two times, why is Islam any different?
- If the Taurat and Injil were "perfect" and agreed with today’s Qur'an but are now corrupted, then why did Allah declare "today I have perfected your religion"? Were the previous revelations sent on other days not perfect?
- If you believe previous scriptures were corrupted because Allah was "testing" humans or he expected humans to look after their scriptures, doesn't that negate his omnipotence?
- Why does Allah prefer sending scriptures to desert regions of the world?
- Why does the Qur'an only speak about religions which were prevalent in Arabia at the time of its revelation? Why are there no Dharmic or Taoic religions mentioned?
- According to many Muslims, literary excellence (of the Qur’an) proves divine inspiration, so was Shakespeare or Virgil divinely inspired too?
- Why does the Qur'an discuss extinct religions such as Sabians, while ignoring major religions such as Hinduism?
- Caliph Uthman had all different copies of the Qur'an destroyed, so how do you know that his version is the correct one?
- Muslims claim no-one can produce a single chapter like the Qur'an, but is there anything extraordinary, for example, about chapter 108 and its three short ayahs?
- Muslims do not know what the Qur'an verse "Alif Lam Mim" means. So what was the point of putting it in the Qur'an?
- The earliest found Qur'an did not have diacritical marks, so how can you say the Qur'an is uncorrupted?
- Is it possible to open a random page in the Qur'an and not find a verse of violence in there?
- If Allah knows everything, why did he make the Qur'an so ambiguous? Did he want Muslims to spend their spare time trying to figure out its meanings?
- Why does the Qur'an repeat the same things over and over and over? Wouldn’t the space have been better filled by covering fundamental Muslim beliefs such as the Five Pillars or circumcision, neither of which are mentioned in the Qur’an?
- The Qur'an claims Satan misleads Muslims - so how can we trust Islamic scholars, or indeed any Muslim?
- The Qur'an says faces will turn black if the person is a sinner, and the face will turn white if the person is not. In the light of this, what will happen to black people?
- Islamic sources, including Sahih Hadith, confirm that Muhammad and the early Muslims were fooled by Satan who produced a counterfeit Qur'anic verse that was indistinguishable from the real thing (i.e. the "Satanic Verses" incident). Taking verse 2:23 with its "Surah like it" challenge into consideration, isn't the Qur'an discredited by its own criteria?
- A Muslim male is allowed to have sex with up to four wives, his concubines, his slaves, and with POW. How do you feel about your religion permitting men to practice pre-marital sex, adultery, rape, and polygamy? Do you think any of this is moral?
- Does Allah really want homosexuals to be put to death for expressing what they feel, often against what they wish they felt?
- Muslim men are allowed to practice al-'Azl (withdrawing the penis before ejaculation during sexual intercourse) with female slaves and POW. What about doing this with male slaves?
- If people truly have free will why does the Islamic Shari'ah prevent people from executing it?
- Why is listening to music under most circumstances forbidden in Islam? Or why can Muslims not agree on its permissibility? Isn't Islam supposed to be clear?
- People date in order to find out the character of a possible spouse. So why does Allah forbid dating?
- Why has Allah forbidden taking pictures, and why do so many Muslims ignore this command?
- Why is talking to the non-mahram opposite gender forbidden according to Islam?
- Why according to Islam should dogs (especially black ones) be killed?
- Why did Allah forbid the playing of chess and masturbation? Aren't these things healthy?
- Why does Allah want Muslims (if not the entire world) to follow 7th century Shari'ah law?
- If nikah (Islamic "marriage") literally means "sexual intercourse" and the mahr is payment for nikah, what does that make all Muslim women?
- Women are not permitted to practice polygamy, men are. Women are not permitted to have have pre-marital/extra-marital sex with slaves and POW, men are. Women are not permitted to beat their marital partners, men are. A male inherits twice that of a female And the testimony of a women in court is worth half that of a man's testimony. Considering these rules set out by the Qur'an, how can you possibly claim Islam stands for equality between the sexes?
- Why can a woman on her period not touch the Qur'an?
- A woman cannot pray to her creator for a quarter of the time because she is "dirty". How do you feel about that?
- It has been recorded in several sahih hadith that Muhammad said women should suckle grown men in order to stay in the same house alone with them. Is that good advice?
- Why do some of you claim that naming a surah after Mary (Maryam) is a means of giving her respect if other surahs are named "The Cow", "The Spider", "The Ants", "The Bee", "The Fig", "The War Booty", "Cheating", "Crouching" and so on?
- Except a few verses for Muhammad's wives, why did Allah not address women directly even once in his entire revelation? Should only men receive orders on issues concerning women?
- If Hijab and niqab is (Islamically) good for society, why are there so many homosexuals in the Arabian peninsula?
- Why do Muslim apologists claim the hijab is only cultural when critics point out that it is oppressive to women, but then claim it is a religious obligation when governments attempt to ban it?
- If women observing hijab is deemed by Islamic logic necessary to prevent a woman arousing lust in a man, why are men also not enjoined to wear a burqa to prevent women and homosexuals from lusting after them?
- In some tropical countries, the weather is hot and humid, Muslim women who wearing a hijab may feel uncomfortable, especially when doing physical exercises, did Allah know this?
- Would you accept your husband's right hand possessions (sex slaves) in your home?
- Why doesn't the Qur'an actually say there are 5 declarations of faith? Did Muslims make these things up?
- In the 7th century some Arab guy flew on a winged horse to Heaven and was told by God everyone needed to bow towards a cubical in the Saudi desert 5 times. Why should we believe this?
- Why does Allah love sneezing but hate yawning? Didn't he know germs are spread via sneezing, while the body gets more oxygen when it yawns?
- Why did Allah turn Sabbath breakers into monkeys and pigs?
- Muhammad said that anyone who knows the 99 names of Allah will go to Heaven. Does this apply to non-Muslims who believe Muhammad was a warmongering fraud and a pedophile?
- Why did Muhammad change Qiblah?
- Why does Allah not accept the prayer of someone who farts?
- Muslims have to look down when they pray, because looking up towards "Heaven" during prayer will make them go blind. Have you or anyone ever witnessed this happening?
- How come all the Islamic messengers of the Qur'an come from the Middle East? There are still unreached Indigenous people today in Latin America, Africa, Asia and Oceania - is it fair Allah ignores them?
- Before reading and writing were invented (5000BC), what basis did Allah use to judge the people who died?
- Fatimah was born 5 years after First Revelation according to Shia sources. Muhammad married Khadijah when he was 25 and she was 40. Muhammad claimed prophet hood when he was 40, therefore Khadijah would have been 60 when she gave birth to Fatimah. Isn't this a miracle?
- Do you think it's appropriate that slave murderers are custodians of the two holy mosques?
- Why did Allah make the Islamic holy day Friday, the Jewish holy day Saturday, and the Christian holy day Sunday?
- There are many monotheistic religions before Islam (such as Judaism, Christianity and Zoroastrianism), and after Islam (such as Yazdânism and Sikhism), so what is wrong with them specifically?
- Muhammad's father was named Abdallah (meaning Allah's slave). Since Muhammad's father was a pagan, aren't you simply following a modified pagan religion?
- Pigs, which are in the family Suidae are haaram. Does this prohibition also include the unrelated New World animals such as the Javelina, in the family Peccary? Does this also include related animals such as the Hippos which are in neither family?
- Why are all angels male? Is this not sexism?
These are questions for adherents of the larger, mainstream Islamic sects that are partially accepted by one another.
- Why didn't Muhammad appoint a leader before his death to avoid Shi'ites and other sects splitting up from Sunnis?
- Why do some of you try to distance yourself from Salafis (or "Wahhabis") in front of non-Muslims, when they are the most pious Sunni Muslims? Are you ashamed of the Salaf (first 3 generations of Muslims)?
- Why do you criticize Shi'ites for Mut'ah when Sunnis practice Misyar which is essentially the same thing?
- If Shi'ites are wrong, why did Allah allow Ali and his Shi'ite army to defeat the Sunnis at three separate battles of Bassorah, Siffin and Nahrawan?
- If Allah wanted Ali to be the substitute after Muhammad, why did he fail in his plan?
- Why do some of you slice children's foreheads with a blade on Ashura? Isn't this child abuse?
- The basis of your faith is that some verses of the Quran contain hidden meanings. What are your opinions on the literal verses about violence, hell (Quran 48:13), cruel and degrading punishments (Quran 5:38), hatred of non-Muslims, misogyny (Quran 4:34) and Judeo-Christian legends?
- If you oppose literal verses of the Quran and support the peaceful ones, why not declare yourself as a separate religion?
- What are your opinions about the hadith and if there are none, what do you find praiseworthy in Muhammad?
These are questions for adherents of sects/cults that call themselves "Muslim" or accept the validity of the Qur'an and Muhammad's prophethood, but are considered "outside the fold of Islam" due to being as different to Islam as Christianity or Judaism.
- Which death is more humiliating for a prophet of Islam; being crucified or dying of diarrhea in a public toilet?
- Why do you claim there are 200 million of you when in reality there are only 10 million Ahmadis worldwide?
- Considering Ahmadis believe only they are true Muslims, does it surprise you that you've been declared non-Muslims by Muslims the world-over?
- Two alternative Baha'i organizations have been sued by the Baha'i Faith organization for using the word "Baha'i" to describe their beliefs. That's like the Catholic Church suing Protestants for calling themselves "Christians". Do you agree that this makes your faith look ridiculous and petty?
- You believe that eventually all people and nations should come under the theocratic rule of the infallibly inspired Baha'i Universal House of Justice. How is this any different than the Caliphate and Shari'ah?
- In the Kitáb-i-Aqdas (Most Holy Book) Baha'u'llah limits the number of wives to 2, but he had 3 wives. Why believe in such a hypocrite?
- Bahá'u'lláh was a polygamist who allowed men to have up to 2 wives, so why is polygamy forbidden by Baha'i law?
- In the Kitáb-i-Aqdas (Most Holy Book) Baha'u'llah commands that a thief should have a visible mark put on his forehead after the third offense. Why do you consider this man to be the greatest Manifestation of God?
- In the Kitáb-i-Aqdas (Most Holy Book) sodomy is forbidden. Why is this?
- Being such a new faith, you'd expect it to incorporate many liberal ideals. So why are homosexual relationships forbidden and homosexuality seen as a handicap that should be treated? Was Baha'u'llah a homophobe?
- Abdu'l Baha and Shoghi Effendi are both infallible, so why can't they decide if Confucius was or was not a Manifestation?
- You believe all the greatest faiths founded by Manifestations differ only in non-essential aspects of their doctrines. Even a cursory glance at the doctrines of the major world religions will tell you this is false. So why do you believe this?
- If Baha'u'llah is the apex of all previous Manifestations, why can't he walk on water or split the moon?
- According to your faith, each Manifestation is more perfect than the previous one, but do you honestly believe Muhammad's teachings are superior to Christ's or Buddha's?
- Why do you think Muhammad was so great, when his followers are killing you? Doesn't this suggest that there's something wrong with his teachings?
- Buddha was a monotheist and a prophet?
- You believe Manifestations are all sinless. Moses, Abraham and others would disagree. Who are we to believe; them or your obscure beliefs?
- In "Baha'u'llah and the New Era" (official Baha'i text) Abdu'l Baha ("Slave of Baha", the infallible guide and eldest son of Baha'u'llah) stated that the Kingdom of God would be established on earth by 1957. Where is it, and why has this statement been removed from the 1970 republication?
- Bab declared Mirza Yahya (Baha'u'llah's brother) as his successor and presented Baha'u'llah as an inferior. Why do Baha'is suppress this fact?
- If Baha'is are so peaceful, why was the faith founded on violence and assassinations between supporters of Mirza Yahya and Baha'u'llah?
- You believe Christianity was perverted during the first century (as per Shoghi Effendi's claim). Isn't this hypocritical coming from a faith that suppresses source materials and revises the writings of deceased authors in futile attempts to make your beliefs match historical reality?
- Abdu'l Baha "excommunicated" practically all his closest relatives and deprived them of their income from Baha'u'llah's estate after his fathers death. Do you agree that your infallible guide was a cruel and heartless individual?
- Based on the example set by the infallible Abdu'l Baha, Covenant-breakers (heretics and apostates) are often treated unkindly and ostracized by other Baha'is. So what makes your faith any better than mainstream Islam?
- Why do you deny the hadith? Is it because you are ashamed of your prophet?
- Does it bother you that even without the hadith, the Qur'an sanctions pedophilia, domestic abuse, and many other crimes? Shouldn't you embrace your apostasy and get rid of the Qur'an?
- Why do some of you accept the hadiths that make Muhammad look good and reject the ones that make him look bad? Do you enjoy being intellectually dishonest?
- The historical evidence for Muhammad is found in the hadith and sirat. If you do not accept these sources, how do you know your prophet ever existed?
- If you reject the hadith, you lose the whole context and order of the Qur'anic revelations. So is there no compulsion in religion or do you have to slay the idolaters wherever you find them?
- Why do you believe the Qur'an is the uncorrupted word of God, when the narrators of corrupted hadith are the same people who passed down the Qur'an?
- The Qur'an never explains how to offer salat. Who taught you how to pray?
- The Qur'an says there should be 3 daily prayers. Who told you to pray 5 times?
- The Qur'an mentions Abu Lahab. Without referencing "corrupted" hadith, please tell us who is he and why does Allah hate him?
- Is it upsetting knowing that most Muslims think you follow an obscure cult and that you're a non-Muslim?
- One can be a Muslim their entire life without ever meeting a "Qur'anist". So why are there so many of you on the net?
- Why accuse the Sunnis and Shi'ites, who've been following hadith for 1000+ years, of innovation, when it's you who's the innovator?
- What did Muhammad look like? How many wives did he have and what were their names? What were the names of his children? How old was he when he first received his prophethood? When and how did he die? Do you even know anything about your prophet?
- Why do you accept the revelations given to someone who you know nothing about?
- Did you know that Rashad Khalifa was a lying pedophile and rapist?
- If you don't accept the history behind the compilation of the Qur'an, what makes it different from any other poorly written Medieval text? How do you know that (like The True Furqan) it's not an old parody?
- Lists - A hub page that leads to other articles related to Lists
- Questions to Ask a Muslim (Humor) - A more humorous take on this article
- 60 Questions to ask Muslims - More difficult questions to ask a Muslim
- Do you believe in modernity? - Questions to ask a Muslim to determine if s/he is a "moderate" or an "extremist"
- Questions To Ask A Muslim - Questions for Christians to ask a Muslim
- "To Him is due the primal origin of the heavens and the earth: How can He have a son when He hath no consort? He created all things, and He hath full knowledge of all things." - Quran 6:101
- "She said: "How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?" He said: "So (it will be): Thy Lord saith, 'that is easy for Me: and (We wish) to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us':It is a matter (so) decreed." - Qur'an 19:20-21
- Note that Omnipotence (from Latin: Omni Potens: "all power") means unlimited power. So an omnipotent deity should be capable of doing absolutely anything. For example; if Allah cannot use the toilet, vomit, bleed or father children, it doesn’t mean humans are superior to him, but it does mean he is not an omnipotent deity.
- For example; Harun Yahya includes Al-Makir in his listing of Allah's 99 names (Names of Allah/ No. 16 (Al-Makir)). He in this instance mistranslates it to mean "Planner", but more correctly translates the same word in the same verse elsewhere on his site (The School of Yusuf - Harun Yahya). Lane's Lexicon for Makr and the Hans Wehr dictionary both confirm the meaning of the term to be "Deceiver". Dr. Jamal Badawi even admits that makir is a negative word with negative connotations
- "And it was not (vouchsafed) to any mortal that Allah should speak to him unless (it be) by revelation or from behind a veil, or (that) He sendeth a messenger to reveal what He will by His leave. Lo! He is Exalted, Wise." - Quran 42:51
- " Such is Allah, your Lord. There is no Allah save Him, the Creator of all things, so worship Him. And He taketh care of all things. Vision comprehendeth Him not, but He comprehendeth (all) vision. He is the Subtile, the Aware." - Qur'an 6:102-103
- "Allah promiseth you much booty that ye will capture, and hath given you this in advance, and hath withheld men's hands from you, that it may be a token for the believers, and that He may guide you on a right path." - Quran 48:20
- "And know that whatever ye take as spoils of war, lo! a fifth thereof is for Allah, and for the messenger and for the kinsman (who hath need) and orphans and the needy and the wayfarer, if ye believe in Allah and that which We revealed unto Our slave on the Day of Discrimination, the day when the two armies met. And Allah is Able to do all things." - Quran 8:41
- Quran 23:14 "Then We made the seed a clot, then We made the clot a lump of flesh, then We made (in) the lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, then We caused it to grow into another creation, so blessed be Allah, the best of the creators."
- Some of the rulings on apostasy and apostates - Islam Q&A, Fatwa No. 14231
- Islam's view towards Freedom of Speech - Caliphate Online, April 2009
- Muslims converts face ostracism in France - Zee News, February 6, 2007
- According to Shaykh Ahmed Katani, in Africa, 6 million Muslims convert to Christianity every year: (English Translation | Arabic)
- Iran: Parliament to discuss death penalty for converts who leave Islam - AKI, March 19, 2008
- Damir Ahmad - Proselytization Eats Away At Muslim Majority In Kyrgyzstan - IslamOnline, June 26, 2004
- Elizabeth Kendal - Authorities Consider Countering Christian Mission - Religious Liberty Monitoring, June 30, 2004
- 2 million ethnic Muslims adopted baptism in Russia while only 2,5 thousand Russians converted to Islam - expert - Interfax, November 1, 2005
- Anthony Browne - Muslim apostates cast out and at risk from faith and family Muslim apostates cast out and at risk from faith and family - The Sunday Times, February 5, 2005
- According to research carried out by the respected Pakistani-born American Muslim Dr. Ilyas Ba-Yunus (1932 - 2007), 75% of new Muslim converts in the US leave Islam within a few years. Listen to the clip detailing this research (listen on Youtube)
- Tom Coghlan - Afghan court resists Karzai's overture to spare Christian's life - The Telegraph, March 26, 2006
- "The saheeh Sunnah indicates that it is essential to put the apostate to death. [Quotes Al-Bukhaari (6922), Al-Bukhaari (6484), and Muslim (1676)] The general meaning of these ahaadeeth indicates that it is essential to put the apostate to death whether he is waging war on Islam (muhaarib) or not. The view that the apostate who is to be put to death is the one who is waging war on Islam (muhaarib) only is contrary to these ahaadeeth. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said that the reason why he should be put to death is his apostasy, not his waging war against Islam... Apostasy is of two types: ordinary apostasy and extreme apostasy, for which execution is prescribed. In both cases there is evidence that it is essential to execute the apostate... " - Some of the rulings on apostasy and apostates - Islam Q&A, Fatwa No. 14231
- Dictionary/ Arabic - MSN Encarta, accessed December 27, 2010
- Dictionary/ Modern Standard Chinese - MSN Encarta, accessed December 27, 2010
- Dictionary/ Spanish - MSN Encarta, accessed December 27, 2010
- Dictionary/ English - MSN Encarta, accessed December 27, 2010
- Dictionary/ Hindi - MSN Encarta, accessed December 27, 2010
- Dictionary/ Russian - MSN Encarta, accessed December 27, 2010
- Documentation for ISO 639 identifier: ara - Summer Institute of Linguistics International
- "Nay, I swear by the Day of Resurrection; Nay, I swear by the accusing soul (that this Scripture is true). Thinketh man that We shall not assemble his bones? Yea, verily. We are Able to restore his very fingers! But man would fain deny what is before him. He asketh: When will be this Day of Resurrection? But when sight is confounded And the moon is eclipsed And sun and moon are united, On that day man will cry: Whither to flee! Alas! No refuge! Unto thy Lord is the recourse that day. On that day man is told the tale of that which he hath sent before and left behind. Oh, but man is a telling witness against himself, Although he tender his excuses." - Qur'an 75:1-15
- Qiyamah - Definition - WordIQ, accessed December 27, 2010
- "Narrated 'Abdullah: "Allah has cursed those women who practice tattooing and those who get themselves tattooed, and those who remove their face hairs, and those who create a space between their teeth artificially to look beautiful, and such women as change the features created by Allah. Why then should I not curse those whom the Prophet has cursed? And that is in Allah's Book. i.e. His Saying: 'And what the Apostle gives you take it and what he forbids you abstain (from it).' (59.7)" - Sahih Bukhari 7:72:815
- "Narrated 'Aun bin Abu Juhaifa: "My father bought a slave who practiced the profession of cupping. (My father broke the slave's instruments of cupping). I asked my father why he had done so. He replied, 'The Prophet forbade the acceptance of the price of a dog or blood, and also forbade the profession of tattooing, getting tattooed and receiving or giving Riba, (usury), and cursed the picture-makers." - Sahih Bukhari 3:34:299
- "Narrated Abu Huraira: "Allah's Apostle said, 'The evil eye is a fact,' and he forbade tattooing." - Sahih Bukhari 7:72:827
- "It was narrated that 'Abdulleh said: "The Messenger of Allah cursed the woman who does tattoos and the one who has them done, and those who pluck their eyebrows and file their teeth for the purpose of beautification, and those who change the creation of Allah."..." - Sunan Ibn Majah 9:1989:1
- ""God did not make your adopted son as your own sons. To declare them so is your empty claim. God's word is righteous and constitutes true guidance."" - Quran 33:4
- Ekram Ibrahim - Orphanage day puts adoption in spotlight - Al-Masry Al-Youm, April 1, 2010
- "Till, when they reached the Valley of the Ants, an ant exclaimed: O ants! Enter your dwellings lest Solomon and his armies crush you, unperceiving. And (Solomon) smiled, laughing at her speech, and said: My Lord, arouse me to be thankful for Thy favour wherewith Thou hast favoured me and my parents, and to do good that shall be pleasing unto Thee, and include me in (the number of) Thy righteous slaves." - Qur'an 27:18-19
- "Narrated As-Saburah: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Command a boy to pray when he reaches the age of seven years. When he becomes ten years old, then beat him for prayer." - Sunan Abu Dawud 2:494
- According to the Qur'an, one can marry and have sexual intercourse with a child who has not yet reached her menses. In Quran 65:4, the Qur'an addresses divorce and how long one should wait for remarriage after the divorce of females who are too old or too young to menstruate, in Arabic called iddah (the stipulated waiting period). So we are told in this verse normally women should wait three monthly periods, but if she's too old or too young to menstruate then you should simply measure by three moon phases. From Quran 33:49 it is understood that the Iddah is required only if sexual contact has occurred within the marriage. If a woman is not touched by her husband, she should not have to observe any waiting period at all. Hence for a child who has not yet reached her menses having to observe the Iddah must mean that sexual intercourse had already taken place within her previous marriage. For further details, see: Pedophilia in the Qur'an
- Six decades later, world’s youngest mother awaits aid - The Telegraph, August 27, 2002
- Nick Collins - Plans to build super-mosque at Olympic site blocked - The Telegraph, January 18, 2010
- Daniel Bates - Ailing Ground Zero heroes slam embattled Obama over mosque as New York takes stand against president - The Daily Mail, August 19, 2010
- Violent race riot flared after mosque chief urged Muslims to confront right-wing 'English Defence League' protesters - The Daily Mail, September 7, 2009
- "...November 30, 2007 in Khartoum Sudan. Ten thousand Muslims carrying swords, knives, and sticks protest, after Friday prayers, calling for the execution of a British teacher who was convicted of insulting Islam. She had allowed her students to name a teddy bear Muhammad...." - Muhammad Teddy Bear Blasphemy Case
- "...Sheikh Tobah, Imam of the village of Shimi 170 KM south of Giza, called during Muslim Friday prayers for Jihad against Christians living there. As a result the Christian Copts living in the village were assaulted over two consecutive days. Eleven Copts were hospitalized and many Coptic youths were arrested. The assaults began a couple of hours after the Sheikhs incitement...." - Muslim Cleric Calls for Jihad, Coptic Christians Attacked in Egypt - AINA, August 14, 2010
- "...[In response to a planned international LGBT conference in Surabaya] A 150-strong mob attacked the lobby of the hotel after Friday morning prayers and refused to leave until the police and hotel management would guarantee that the event was cancelled. In the evening, the mob conducted a floor-by-floor sweep of the hotel, going to the rooms of the 150 conference participants from 14 countries to make sure that they had left. An organizer told Gay City News how he was repeatedly punched by one of the agitators in the hotel lobby for refusing to turn over ILGA's list of conference participants...." - Glad to be gay in Indonesia - Megawati Wijaya, Asia Times, September 23, 2010
- "O mankind! Be careful of your duty to your Lord Who created you from a single soul and from it created its mate and from them twain hath spread abroad a multitude of men and women. Be careful of your duty toward Allah in Whom ye claim (your rights) of one another, and toward the wombs (that bare you). Lo! Allah hath been a watcher over you." - Quran 4:1
- "He it is Who did create you from a single soul, and therefrom did make his mate that he might take rest in her. And when he covered her she bore a light burden, and she passed (unnoticed) with it, but when it became heavy they cried unto Allah, their Lord, saying: If thou givest unto us aright we shall be of the thankful." - Quran 7:189
- "Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should not hurt (trouble) his neighbor. And I advise you to take care of the women, for they are created from a rib and the most crooked portion of the rib is its upper part; if you try to straighten it, it will break, and if you leave it, it will remain crooked, so I urge you to take care of the women."" - Sahih Bukhari 7:62:114
- "Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported: Woman has been created from a rib and will in no way be straightened for you; so if you wish to benefit by her, benefit by her while crookedness remains in her. And if you attempt to straighten her, you will break her, and breaking her is divorcing her." - Sahih Muslim 8:3467
- "His Lord called out to him: Adam, is it from Me that you are fleeing? Adam replied: No, my Lord, but I feel shame before You. When God asked what had caused his trouble, he replied: Eve, My Lord. Whereupon God said: Now it is My obligation to make her bleed once every month, as she made this tree bleed. I also must make her stupid, although I created her intelligent (halimah), and must make her suffer pregnancy. Ibn Zayd continued: Were it not for the affliction that affected Eve, the women of this world wound not menstruate, and they would be intelligent and, when pregnant, give birth easily." - History of al-Tabari, New York: State University of New York Press, 1989, Vol. 1, pp. 280-281
- Note that this belief is consistent and complimentary to teachings found in the Qur'an and Sahih hadith, and that these views are held by contemporary scholars as well as the classical scholars that they quote. For example, in Sahih Bukhari 1:6:301 Muhammad references Quran 2:282 (which talks of women erring) when he asks women, "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man? ... This is the deficiency in her intelligence." He then goes on to say, "Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses? ... This is the deficiency in her religion." Thus confirming the Tabari text that says today all women menstruate (are deficient in religion) and are created stupid (deficient in intelligence). Also in a lecture delivered by Saudi cleric Abd Al-Aziz Al-Fawzan, which aired on Al-Majd TV (June 11, 2007), he responds to the criticism made by 'enemies' of Islam against Muhammad's "women are deficient" statement by confirming the account found in Tabari by stating, "It has shown that the twisted nature of women stems from their very creation. This is how Allah wanted woman to be. Therefore, the husband must adapt himself to her and be patient with her. He should not give her too many things to do, or things that she is incapable of doing. He should not make her do anything that is contrary to her nature, and to the way she was created by Allah. In addition, he should turn a blind eye to her mistakes, he should tolerate her slips and errors, and put up with all the silly ignorant things she might say, because this constitutes part of the nature of her creation."
- "O ye who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, (dedication of) stones, and (divination by) arrows, are an abomination,- of Satan's handwork: eschew such (abomination), that ye may prosper." - Qur'an 5:90-91
- "And in the earth are tracts (diverse though) neighbouring, and gardens of vines and fields sown with corn, and palm trees - growing out of single roots or otherwise: watered with the same water, yet some of them We make more excellent than others to eat. Behold, verily in these things there are signs for those who understand!" - Quran 13:4
- "(Here is) a Parable of the Garden which the righteous are promised: in it are rivers of water incorruptible; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers of wine, a joy to those who drink; and rivers of honey pure and clear. In it there are for them all kinds of fruits; and Grace from their Lord. (Can those in such Bliss) be compared to such as shall dwell for ever in the Fire, and be given, to drink, boiling water, so that it cuts up their bowels (to pieces)?" - Quran 47:15
- Charles J. Holahan, Kathleen K. Schutte, Penny L. Brennan, Carole K. Holahan, Bernice S. Moos, Rudolf H. Moos - Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research - August 24, 2010, Copyright © 2010 by the Research Society on Alcoholism
- John Cloud - Why Do Heavy Drinkers Outlive Nondrinkers? - TIME, August 30, 2010
- Satoyo Ikehara, MSc; Hiroyasu Iso, MD; Hideaki Toyoshima, MD; Chigusa Date, PhD; Akio Yamamoto; Shogo Kikuchi, MD; Takaaki Kondo, MD; Yoshiyuki Watanabe, MD; Akio Koizumi, MD; Yasuhiko Wada, MD; Yutaka Inaba, MD; Akiko Tamakoshi - Alcohol Consumption and Mortality From Stroke and Coronary Heart Disease Among Japanese Men and Women - The Japan Collaborative Cohort Study, July 10, 2008, © 2008 American Heart Association, Inc.
- Umed A. Ajani, MBBS, MPH; J. Michael Gaziano, MD, MPH; Paulo A. Lotufo, MD, DrPH; Simin Liu, MD, ScD; Charles H. Hennekens, MD, DrPH; Julie E. Buring, ScD; JoAnn E. Manson, MD, DrPH - Alcohol Consumption and Risk of Coronary Heart Disease by Diabetes Status - the Division of Preventive Medicine (U.A.A., J.M.G., P.A.L., S.L., J.E.B., J.E.M.), Channing Laboratory (J.E.M.), and Cardiovascular Division (J.M.G.), Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass; the Department of Epidemiology (J.E.B., J.E.M.) and Department of Nutrition (S.L.), Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Mass; and Massachusetts Veterans Epidemiology Research and Information Center (J.M.G.), Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Brockton/West Roxbury, Mass. Dr Hennekens is visiting Professor of Medicine, and Epidemiology and Public Health at the University of Miami School of Medicine., © 2000 American Heart Association, Inc.
- Caren G. Solomon, MD, MPH; Frank B. Hu, MD, PhD; Meir J. Stampfer, MD, DrPH; Graham A. Colditz, MBBS, DrPH; Frank E. Speizer, MD; Eric B. Rimm, ScD; Walter C. Willett, MD, DrPH; JoAnn E. Manson, MD, DrPH - Moderate Alcohol Consumption and Risk of Coronary Heart Disease Among Women With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus - the Division of Women’s Health (C.G.S.), Channing Laboratory (F.B.H., M.J.S., G.A.C., F.E.S., E.B.R., W.C.W., J.E.M.), Division of Preventive Medicine (J.E.M.), Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women’s Hospital and the Departments of Nutrition (F.B.H., M.J.S., E.B.R., W.C.W.) and Epidemiology (M.J.S., G.A.C., E.B.R., W.C.W., J.E.M.), Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Mass., © 2000 American Heart Association, Inc.
- Amy Norton - Moderate drinking linked to lower diabetes risk - Reuters, April 27, 2010
- Megan Brooks - Beer for brain injury? Maybe - Reuters, Archives of Surgery, September 2009
- Denise Mann - Study: Alcohol may fight rheumatoid arthritis - CNN, July 27, 2010
- Ben Leach - Beer could stop bones going brittle - The Telegraph, August 12, 2009
- Skogen JC, Harvey SB, Henderson M, Stordal E, Mykletun A. - Anxiety and depression among abstainers and low-level alcohol consumers. The Nord-Trøndelag Health Study - Psychiatric Clinic, Stord DPS, Helse Fonna HF, Norway, September 2009
- John Cloud - Why Nondrinkers May Be More Depressed - TIME, October 06, 2009
- Shannon Proudfoot - Odd beer break could be good for teenage girls: Study - Canwest News Service, accessed September 1, 2010
- "And verily in cattle (too) will ye find an instructive sign. From what is within their bodies between excretions and blood, We produce, for your drink, milk, pure and agreeable to those who drink it." - Quran 16:66
- "(Here is) a Parable of the Garden which the righteous are promised: in it are rivers of water incorruptible; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers of wine, a joy to those who drink; and rivers of honey pure and clear. In it there are for them all kinds of fruits; and Grace from their Lord. (Can those in such Bliss) be compared to such as shall dwell for ever in the Fire, and be given, to drink, boiling water, so that it cuts up their bowels (to pieces)?" - Quran 47:15
- Nikhil Swaminathan - Not Milk? Neolithic Europeans Couldn't Stomach the Stuff - Scientific American, February 27, 2007
- Lactase Deficiency: The World Pattern Today - T. Gilat, Israel J Med Sci (1979), 15:369, PMID: 582170
- Shanti Rangwani - White Poison: The Horrors of Milk - AlterNet, December 3, 2001
- S. H. A. Careem - The miracle of ZamZam - Sunday Observer, January 30, 2005
- Guy Lynn - Contaminated Zam Zam holy water from Mecca sold in UK - BBC News, May 5, 2011
- "And Allah has made the earth for you as a carpet (spread out)," - Quran 71:19
- "He Who has, made for you the earth like a carpet spread out; has enabled you to go about therein by roads (and channels); and has sent down water from the sky." With it have We produced diverse pairs of plants each separate from the others." - Quran 20:53
- "And the earth We have spread out (like a carpet); set thereon mountains firm and immovable; and produced therein all kinds of things in due balance." - Quran 15:19
- For further details, see: The Ramadan Pole Paradox
- "Abu Musa' reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: When it will be the Day of Resurrection Allah would deliver to every Muslim a Jew or a Christian and say: That is your rescue from Hell-Fire." - Sahih Muslim 37:6665
- "Abu Burda reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: No Muslim would die but Allah would admit in his stead a Jew or a Christian in Hell-Fire. 'Umar b. Abd al-'Aziz took an oath: By One besides Whom there is no god but He, thrice that his father had narrated that to him from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him)." - Sahih Muslim 37:6666, See also: Sahih Muslim 37:6667
- "Abu Burda reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: There would come people amongst the Muslims on the Day of Resurrection with as heavy sins as a mountain, and Allah would forgive them and He would place in their stead the Jews and the Christians. (As far as I think), Abu Raub said: I do not know as to who is in doubt. Abu Burda said: I narrated it to 'Umar b. 'Abd al-'Aziz, whereupon he said: Was it your father who narrated it to you from Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him)? I said: Yes." - Sahih Muslim 37:6668
- "Abu Huraira reported: The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) visited the grave of his mother and he wept, and moved others around him to tears, and said: I sought permission from my Lord to beg forgiveness for her but it was not granted to me, and I sought permission to visit her grave and it was granted to me. So visit the graves, for that makes you mindful of death." - Sahih Muslim 4:2130
- "Anas reported: Verily, a person said: Messenger of Allah, where is my father? He said: (He) is in the Fire. When he turned away, he (the Holy Prophet) called him and said: Verily my father and your father are in the Fire." - Sahih Muslim 1:398
- The poisonous bald-headed male snake – is it an unseen matter? - IslamWeb, Fatwa No : 2106, March 1, 2010
- S.M.R. Shabbar - Story of the Holy Ka’aba And its People/ Ka’aba The House Of Allah - Published by Muhammadi Trust of Great Britain
- Hırka-i Saadet Dairesi; Hilmi Aydın(2004) - The sacred trusts: Pavilion of the Sacred Relics, Topkapı Palace Museum, Istanbul - Tughra Books, ISBN 9781932099720
- Burton, Richard Francis (1856) - Personal narrative of a pilgrimage to El-Madinah and Meccah - G. P. Putnam & Co., p. 394
- Francis E. Peters (1994) - Mecca: a literary history of the Muslim Holy Land - Princeton University Press, pp. 125–126, ISBN 9780691032672
- Cyril Glasse - New Encyclopedia of Islam: A Revised Edition of the Concise Encyclopedia of Islam (p. 245) - Rowman Altamira, 2001, ISBN 0759101906
- Black Stone of Mecca - Encyclopædia Britannica, 2007
- Ruqaiyyah Waris Maqsood - Islam (World Faiths) - Teach Yourself Books; First British Edition, 1994, (p. 76), ISBN 0-340-60901-X
- "And if you fear that you cannot act equitably towards orphans, then marry such women as seem good to you, two and three and four; but if you fear that you will not do justice (between them), then (marry) only one or what your right hands possess; this is more proper, that you may not deviate from the right course." - Quran 4:3
- "Prohibited to you (For marriage) are:- Your mothers, daughters, sisters; father's sisters, Mother's sisters; brother's daughters, sister's daughters; foster-mothers (Who gave you suck), foster-sisters; your wives' mothers; your step-daughters under your guardianship, born of your wives to whom ye have gone in,- no prohibition if ye have not gone in;- (Those who have been) wives of your sons proceeding from your loins; and two sisters in wedlock at one and the same time, except for what is past; for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful;" - Quran 4:23
- Muhammad himself married cousins, as he did with Zaynab bint Jahsh, who was not only the daughter of Umaimah bint Abd al-Muttalib, one of his father's sisters, but was also divorced from a marriage with Muhammad's adopted son, Zayd ibn Haritha. - Maududi (1967), Tafhimul Quran, Chapter Al Ahzab
- A. H. Bittles and M. L. Black - Consanguinity, human evolution, and complex diseases – PNAS, June 25, 2009
- Alan H. Bittles - The Role and Significance of Consanguinity as a Demographic Variable - JSTOR
- "Talaq is the term used to mean divorce in accordance with Islamic rules. Under traditional Islamic Law a bare Talaq divorce takes place when the husband pronounces three times “I divorce you”. Such a pronouncement has the effect of dissolving the marriage instantly." - The Validity of Talaq Divorce in the UK - Shahzea Tahir, Woolley & Co family law, accessed January 28, 2012
- "Muhammad (unlike Jesus) was a secular as well as a religious leader. In fact, as the driving force behind the Arab conquests, he may well rank as the most influential political leader of all time. Of many important historical events, one might say that they were inevitable and would have occurred even without the particular political leader who guided them. For example, the South American colonies would probably have won their independence from Spain even if Simon Bolivar had never lived. But this cannot be said of the Arab conquests. Nothing similar had occurred before Muhammad, and there is no reason to believe that the conquests would have been achieved without him. The only comparable conquests in human history are those of the Mongols in the thirteenth century, which were primarily due to the influence of Genghis Khan." - The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History - Michael H. Hart, Citadel Publishing, 2000, ISBN 9780806513508
- "St. Paul was the main developer of Christian theology, its principal proselytizer, and the author of a large portion of the New Testament. Muhammad, however, was responsible for both the theology of Islam and its main ethical and moral principles. In addition, he played the key role in proselytizing the new faith, and in establishing the religious practices of Islam. Moreover, he is the author of the Moslem holy scriptures, the Koran, a collection of certain of Muhammad's insights that he believed had been directly revealed to him by Allah. Most of these utterances were copied more or less faithfully during Muhammad's lifetime and were collected together in authoritative form not long after his death. The Koran therefore, closely represents Muhammad's ideas and teachings and to a considerable extent his exact words." - The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History - Michael H. Hart, Citadel Publishing, 2000, ISBN 9780806513508
- "Then they surrendered, and the apostle confined them in Medina in the quarter of d. al-Harith, a woman of B. al-Najjar. Then the apostle went out to the market of Medina (which is still its market today) and dug trenches in it. Then he sent for them and struck off their heads in those trenches as they were brought out to him in batches. Among them was the enemy of Allah Huyayy b. Akhtab and Ka`b b. Asad their chief. There were 600 or 700 in all, though some put the figure as high as 800 or 900. As they were being taken out in batches to the apostle they asked Ka`b what he thought would be done with them. He replied, 'Will you never understand? Don't you see that the summoner never stops and those who are taken away do not return? By Allah it is death!' This went on until the apostle made an end of them." - Alfred Guillaume - The Life of Muhammad: A Translation of Ibn Ishaq's Sirat Rasul Allah - Oxford University Press, 1955, ISBN 0196360331; pp. 461-464
- "The Messenger of God had commanded that all of them who had reached puberty should be killed." - The History of Al-Tabari: The Victory of Islam, translated by Michael. F. State University of New York Press, Albany 1997, Volume 8. page. 38
- "Narrated Atiyyah al-Qurazi: I was among the captives of Banu Qurayzah. They (the Companions) examined us, and those who had begun to grow hair (pubes) were killed, and those who had not were not killed. I was among those who had not grown hair." - Sunan Abu Dawud 38:4390
- According to the most stringent clinical definition of pedophilia, the DSM-IV-TR: A. Over a period of at least six months, recurrent, intense sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors involving sexual activity with a prepubescent child or children (generally age 13 years or younger). B. The person has acted on these sexual urges, or the sexual urges or fantasies caused marked distress or interpersonal difficulty. C. The person is at least age 16 years and at least 5 years older than the child or children in Criterion A. (This does not include an individual in late adolescence involved in an ongoing sexual relationship with a 12- or 13-year-old). Muhammad was engaged to Aisha when she was only 6 year old and he was 51, and consummated the marriage while she was still pre-pubescent, aged 9 lunar years old. Thus he fulfilled all three requirements needed for a positive diagnosis. For further details, see Aisha's Age of Consummation
- "Say (unto them, O Muhammad): I exhort you unto one thing only: that ye awake, for Allah's sake, by twos and singly, and then reflect: There is no madness in your comrade. He is naught else than a warner unto you in face of a terrific doom." - Quran 34:46
- "And your comrade is not mad." - Quran 81:22
- "Or (why is not) treasure thrown down unto him, or why hath he not a paradise from whence to eat? And the evil-doers say: Ye are but following a man bewitched." - Quran 25:8
- "Narrated Said bin Al-Musaiyab from his father: When the time of the death of Abu Talib approached, Allah's Apostle went to him and found Abu Jahl bin Hisham and 'Abdullah bin Abi Umaiya bin Al-Mughira by his side. Allah's Apostle said to Abu Talib, "O uncle! Say: None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, a sentence with which I shall be a witness (i.e. argue) for you before Allah. Abu Jahl and 'Abdullah bin Abi Umaiya said, "O Abu Talib! Are you going to denounce the religion of Abdul Muttalib?" Allah's Apostle kept on inviting Abu Talib to say it (i.e. 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah') while they (Abu Jahl and Abdullah) kept on repeating their statement till Abu Talib said as his last statement that he was on the religion of Abdul Muttalib and refused to say, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah.' (Then Allah's Apostle said, "I will keep on asking Allah's forgiveness for you unless I am forbidden (by Allah) to do so." So Allah revealed (the verse) concerning him (i.e. It is not fitting for the Prophet and those who believe that they should invoke (Allah) for forgiveness for pagans even though they be of kin, after it has become clear to them that they are companions of the fire (9.113)." - Sahih Bukhari 2:23:442
- Sahih Bukhari 1:3:65
- "Narrated 'Aisha: that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death)." - Sahih Bukhari 7:62:64
- "Narrated 'Aisha: that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old. Hisham said: I have been informed that 'Aisha remained with the Prophet for nine years (i.e. till his death)." what you know of the Quran (by heart)'" - Sahih Bukhari 7:62:65
- "'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house when I was nine years old." - Sahih Muslim 8:3310
- "'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house at the age of nine..." - Sahih Muslim 8:3309
- "Aisha said, "The Apostle of Allah married me when I was seven years old." (The narrator Sulaiman said: "Or six years."). "He had intercourse with me when I was 9 years old." - Sunan Abu Dawud 2:2116
- "Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin: "The Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) married me when I was seven or six. When we came to Medina, some women came. according to Bishr's version: Umm Ruman came to me when I was swinging. They took me, made me prepared and decorated me. I was then brought to the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him), and he took up cohabitation with me when I was nine. She halted me at the door, and I burst into laughter."" - Sunan Abu Dawud 41:4915
- "She [Aisha] replied, "The angel brought down my likeness; the Messenger of God married me when I was seven; my marriage was consummated when I was nine; he married me when I was a virgin" - Tabari, Volume 7, Page 7
- "The Messenger of God consummated his marriage with me [Aisha] in my house when I was nine years old." - al-Tabari Volume 9 p. 130-131
- "And most surely you conform (yourself) to sublime morality." - Quran 68:4
- "And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah. " - Quran 5:46
- "And their saying: Surely we have killed the Messiah, Isa son of Marium, the messenger of Allah; and they did not kill him nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them so (like Isa) and most surely those who differ therein are only in a doubt about it; they have no knowledge respecting it, but only follow a conjecture, and they killed him not for sure. Nay! Allah took him up to Himself; and Allah is Mighty, Wise. " - Qur'an 4:157-158
- "Behold! the disciples, said: "O Jesus the son of Mary! can thy Lord send down to us a table set (with viands) from heaven?" Said Jesus: "Fear Allah, if ye have faith."" - Quran 5:112
- "Then will Allah say: "O jesus the son of Mary! Recount My favour to thee and to thy mother." - Quran 5:110
- "And behold! Allah will say: "O jesus the son of Mary!" - Quran 5:116
- "Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah. " - Quran 3:45
- "That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah." - Quran 4:157
- Quran 61:6
- (Out of the 10 most deadly earthquakes in the last 50 years, 6 of the 8 countries affected were populated by a Muslim majority.) Peter Hough - Understanding Global Security - Published by Routledge; 2 edition, 21 April 2008, ISBN: 978-0415421423
- "O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust." - Quran 5:51
- "O you who believe! do not take the unbelievers for friends rather than the believers; do you desire that you should give to Allah a manifest proof against yourselves?" - Quran 4:144
- "Let not the believers take the unbelievers for friends rather than believers; and whoever does this, he shall have nothing of (the guardianship of) Allah, but you should guard yourselves against them, guarding carefully; and Allah makes you cautious of (retribution from) Himself; and to Allah is the eventual coming." - Quran 3:28
- 2005 Kashmir Earthquake Case Study - Scienceray, April 20, 2009
- Nostradamus - Propheties Online
- Stephen D. Snobelen - Statement on the date 2060 - Isaac-Newton.org, March 2003
- Aidan Maconachy - Vanishing Bee Colonies, Doomsday Scenarios and Sunspots - Buzzle.com,
- Sunnah of Going to the Bathroom (Toilet) - Zikr
- "Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Whoever performs ablution should clean his nose with water by putting the water in it and then blowing it out, and whoever cleans his private parts with stones should do it with odd number of stones."" - Sahih Bukhari 1:4:162
- "Abu Huraira reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: When anyone wipes himself with pebbles (after answering the call of nature) he must make use of an odd number and when any one of you performs ablution he must snuff in his nose water and then clean it." - Sahih Muslim 2:458
- "Ibn Umar reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: When any one of you intends to eat (meal), he should eat with his right hand. and when he (intends) to drink he should drink with his right hand, for the Satan eats with his left hand and drinks with his left hand." - Sahih Muslim 23:5008
- "Ibn Umar said: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be opon him) said: Act against the polytheists, trim closely the moustache and grow beard." - Sahih Muslim 2:500
- "Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Trim closely the moustache, and grow beard, and thus act against the fire-worshippers." - Sahih Muslim 2:501
- "Narrated Abu Huraira : The Prophet said, "Jews and Christians do not dye their hair so you should do the opposite of what they do." - Sahih Bukhari 7:72:786
- "Narrated 'Abdullah bin Umar: Umar bought a silk cloak from the market, took it to Allah's Apostle and said, "O Allah's Apostle! Take it and adorn yourself with it during the 'Id and when the delegations visit you." Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) replied, "This dress is for those who have no share (in the Hereafter)." After a long period Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) sent to Umar a cloak of silk brocade. Umar came to Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) with the cloak and said, "O Allah's Apostle! You said that this dress was for those who had no share (in the Hereafter); yet you have sent me this cloak." Allah's Apostle said to him, "Sell it and fulfill your needs by it."" - Sahih Bukhari 2:15:69, See also: Sahih Bukhari 3:47:782, and Sahih Bukhari 8:73:104
- Is Dr. Maurice Bucaille a Muslim? - Answering Islam
- "Narrated Anas:Some people from the tribe of 'Ukl came to the Prophet and embraced Islam. The climate of Medina did not suit them, so the Prophet ordered them to go to the (herd of milch) camels of charity and to drink, their milk and urine (as a medicine)." - Sahih Bukhari 8:82:794
- "Anas b. Malik reported that some people belonging (to the tribe) of 'Uraina came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) at Medina, but they found its climate uncongenial. So Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to them: If you so like, you may go to the camels of Sadaqa and drink their milk and urine. They did so and were all right." - Sahih Muslim 16:4130
- "Narrated Sad: Allah's Apostle said, "He who eats seven 'Ajwa dates every morning, will not be affected by poison or magic on the day he eats them."" - Sahih Bukhari 7:65:356
- "Narrated Saud: The Prophet said, "If somebody takes some 'Ajwa dates every morning, he will not be effected by poison or magic on that day till night."" - Sahih Bukhari 7:65:663
- "Narrated Khalid bin Sad: We went out and Ghalib bin Abjar was accompanying us. He fell ill on the way and when we arrived at Medina he was still sick. Ibn Abi 'Atiq came to visit him and said to us, "Treat him with black cumin. Take five or seven seeds and crush them (mix the powder with oil) and drop the resulting mixture into both nostrils, for 'Aisha has narrated to me that she heard the Prophet saying, 'This black cumin is healing for all diseases except As-Sam.' Aisha said, 'What is As-Sam?' He said, 'Death."" - Sahih Bukhari 7:71:591
- "Narrated Abu Huraira: I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "There is healing in black cumin for all diseases except death."" - Sahih Bukhari 7:71:592
- Camilla Adang (1996), Muslim Writers on Judaism & the Hebrew Bible from Ibn Rabban to Ibn Hazm, Leiden: Brill. ISBN 90-04-10034-2.
- G. Parrinder, Jesus in the Qur'an, Faber and Faber, London 1965; Dutch translation, Ten Have, Baarn 1978, p. 124.
- "Forbidden unto you (for food) are carrion and blood and swineflesh, and that which hath been dedicated unto any other than Allah, and the strangled, and the dead through beating, and the dead through falling from a height, and that which hath been killed by (the goring of) horns, and the devoured of wild beasts, saving that which ye make lawful (by the death-stroke), and that which hath been immolated unto idols. And (forbidden is it) that ye swear by the divining arrows. This is an abomination. This day are those who disbelieve in despair of (ever harming) your religion; so fear them not, fear Me! This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed My favour unto you, and have chosen for you as religion al-Islam. Whoso is forced by hunger, not by will, to sin: (for him) lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful." - Quran 5:3
- "Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve." - Quran 2:62
- "Narrated Anas bin Malik: Hudhaifa bin Al-Yaman came to Uthman at the time when the people of Sham and the people of Iraq were Waging war to conquer Arminya and Adharbijan. Hudhaifa was afraid of their (the people of Sham and Iraq) differences in the recitation of the Qur'an, so he said to 'Uthman, "O chief of the Believers! Save this nation before they differ about the Book (Quran) as Jews and the Christians did before." So 'Uthman sent a message to Hafsa saying, "Send us the manuscripts of the Qur'an so that we may compile the Qur'anic materials in perfect copies and return the manuscripts to you." Hafsa sent it to 'Uthman. 'Uthman then ordered Zaid bin Thabit, 'Abdullah bin AzZubair, Said bin Al-As and 'AbdurRahman bin Harith bin Hisham to rewrite the manuscripts in perfect copies. 'Uthman said to the three Quraishi men, "In case you disagree with Zaid bin Thabit on any point in the Qur'an, then write it in the dialect of Quraish, the Qur'an was revealed in their tongue." They did so, and when they had written many copies, 'Uthman returned the original manuscripts to Hafsa. 'Uthman sent to every Muslim province one copy of what they had copied, and ordered that all the other Qur'anic materials, whether written in fragmentary manuscripts or whole copies, be burnt. Said bin Thabit added, "A Verse from Surat Ahzab was missed by me when we copied the Qur'an and I used to hear Allah's Apostle reciting it. So we searched for it and found it with Khuzaima bin Thabit Al-Ansari. (That Verse was): 'Among the Believers are men who have been true in their covenant with Allah.' (33.23)" - Sahih Bukhari 6:61:510
- "Lo! We have given thee Abundance; So pray unto thy Lord, and sacrifice. Lo! it is thy insulter (and not thou) who is without posterity." - Quran 108:1-3
- Samuel Green - The Different Arabic Versions of the Qur'an - Answering Islam, July 16, 2010
- "He said: Now, because Thou hast sent me astray, verily I shall lurk in ambush for them on Thy Right Path." - Quran 7:16
- "On the day when (some) faces shall turn white and (some) faces shall turn black; then as to those whose faces turn black: Did you disbelieve after your believing? Taste therefore the chastisement because you disbelieved." - Quran 3:106
- "And on the day of resurrection you shall see those who lied against Allah; their faces shall be blackened. Is there not in hell an abode for the proud?" - Quran 39:60
- Al-Tabari (838? – 923 A.D.), The History of al-Tabari (Ta’rikh al-rusul wa’l-muluk), Vol. VI: Muhammad at Mecca, pp. 107-112. Translated by W. M. Watt and M.V. McDonald, State University of New York Press, Albany, NY, 1988, ISBN: 0-88706-707-7, pp. 107-112.
- Ibn Ishaq, The Life of Muhammad: A Translation of Ishaq's Sirat Rasul Allah, Translated by A. Guillaume, Oxford University Press, Oxford, England, (Re-issued in Karachi, Pakistan, 1967, 13th impression, 1998) 1955, p. 146-148.
- Sahih Bukhari 6:60:385 states, "Narrated Ibn Abbas: The Prophet performed a prostration when he finished reciting Surat-an-Najm, and all the Muslims and pagans and Jinns and human beings prostrated along with him." Since in today's Qur'an, the Pagans' goddesses are attacked in that particular Surah, it would only make sense if the account of the Satanic Verses incident were true.
- "And if you are in doubt as to that which We have revealed to Our servant, then produce a chapter like it and call on your witnesses besides Allah if you are truthful. " - Quran 2:23
- "And who guard their modesty - Save from their wives or the (slaves) that their right hands possess, for then they are not blameworthy, But whoso craveth beyond that, such are transgressors" - Qur'an 23:5-7
- "And those who preserve their chastity Save with their wives and those whom their right hands possess, for thus they are not blameworthy;" - Qur'an 70:29-30
- "Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (Allah be pleased with him) reported: We took women captives, and we wanted to do 'azl with them. We then asked Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) about it, and he said to us: Verily you do it, verily you do it, verily you do it, but the soul which has to be born until the Day of judgment must be born." - Sahih Muslim 8:3373
- "Narated By Abdullah ibn Abbas : The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: If you find anyone doing as Lot's people did, kill the one who does it, and the one to whom it is done." - Sunan Abu Dawud 38:4447
- "Narated By Abdullah ibn Abbas : If a man who is not married is seized committing sodomy, he will be stoned to death." - Sunan Abu Dawud 38:4448
- Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid - Can those who have committed homosexual acts be forgiven, and is it permissible for such a person to get married? - Islam Q&A, Fatwa No. 5177
- "Jabir (Allah be pleased with him) reported that a man came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and said: I have a slave-girl who is our servant and she carries water for us and I have intercourse with her, but I do not want her to conceive. He said: Practise 'azl, if you so like, but what is decreed for her will come to her. The person stayed back (for some time) and then came and said: The girl has become pregnant, whereupon he said: I told you what was decreed for her would come to her." - Sahih Muslim 8:3383
- "Narrated Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari: that he heard the Prophet saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection." - Sahih Bukhari 7:69:494v
- Music is Haram - The Muslim Women
- Shariffa Carlo - Music - Islam Awakening
- "Narrated Said bin Abu Al-Hasan: While I was with Ibn 'Abbas a man came and said, "O father of 'Abbas! My sustenance is from my manual profession and I make these pictures." Ibn 'Abbas said, "I will tell you only what I heard from Allah's Apostle . I heard him saying, ' Whoever makes a picture will be punished by Allah till he puts life in it, and he will never be able to put life in it.' " Hearing this, that man heaved a sigh and his face turned pale. Ibn 'Abbas said to him, "What a pity! If you insist on making pictures I advise you to make pictures of trees and any other unanimated objects."" - Sahih Bukhari 3:34:428
- "We were with Masruq at the house of Yasar bin Numair. Masruq saw pictures on his terrace and said, "I heard 'Abdullah saying that he heard the Prophet saying, "'The people who will receive the severest punishment from Allah will be the picture makers."" - Sahih Bukhari 7:72:834
- "Maimuna reported that one morning Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was silent with grief. Maimuna said: Allah's Messenger, I find a change in your mood today. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Gabriel had promised me that he would meet me tonight, but he did not meet me. By Allah, he never broke his promises, and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) spent the day in this sad (mood). Then it occurred to him that there had been a puppy under their cot. He commanded and it was turned out. He then took some water in his hand and sprinkled it at that place. When it was evening Gabriel met him and he said to him: you promised me that you would meet me the previous night. He said: Yes, but we do not enter a house in which there is a dog or a picture. Then on that very morning he commanded the killing of the dogs until he announced that the dog kept for the orchards should also be killed, but he spared the dog meant for the protection of extensive fields (or big gardens)." - Sahih Muslim 24:5248
- "Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah: The Prophet of Allah (peace be upon him) ordered to kill dogs, and we were even killing a dog which a woman brought with her from the desert. Afterwards he forbade to kill them, saying: Confine yourselves to the type which is black." - Sahih Muslim 16:2840
- "Narrated Abdullah ibn Mughaffal: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Were dogs not a species of creature I should command that they all be killed; but kill every pure black one." - Sahih Muslim 16:2839
- "Buraida reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: He who played chess is like one who dyed his hand with the flesh and blood of swine. " - Sahih Muslim 28:5612
- "Yahya related to me from Malik from Nafi from Abdullah ibn Umar that when he found one of his family playing dice he beat him and destroyed the dice. Yahya said that he heard Malik say, "There is no good in chess, and he disapproved of it." Yahya said, "I heard him disapprove of playing it and other worthless games. He recited this ayat, 'What is there after the truth except going the wrong way.' " (Sura l0 ayat 32)." - Al-Muwatta 52:7
- Muhammad was born in 570/571 AD (6th century) but did not have a "revelation" until about the age of 40 in the year 610 AD (7th century).
- Cyril Glasse, The New Encyclopedia of Islam: Third Edition, Altamira, 2001
- Francis J. Steingass, English-Arabic Dictionary: For the Use of Both Travellers and Students, W.H. Allen, 1882
- Federico Corriente, A Dictionary of Andalusi Arabic, BRILL, 1997, p. 539
- Dennis Roberts, Islam, A concise introduction, Harper & Row, 1982, p. 143
- Ziba Mir-Hosseini, Marriage on trial: Islamic family law in Iran and Morocco, I.B.Tauris, 2001, p. 20
- Vincent J. Cornell (2007), Voices of life: family, home, and society, p. 59 (Marriage in Islam by Nargis Virani).
- Charles Mwalimu, The Nigerian Legal System: Public Law, Peter Lang, 2005, p. 542
- Vincent J. Cornell (2007), Vol. 5, Voices of Change, pp. 85-113 (Islam and Gender Justice, by Ziba Mir-Hosseini).
- Kelly Dawn Askin, Dorean M. Koenig, Women and international human rights law: vol.3, Transnational Pub, 2008
- Oussama Arabi, Studies in Modern Islamic Law and Jurisprudence, BRILL, 2001, p. 150
- The Risala of 'Abdullah ibn Abi Zayd al-Qayrawani (310/922 - 386/996) A Treatise on Maliki Fiqh (Including commentary from ath-Thamr ad-Dani by al-Azhari) Ch. 32
- Ronak Husni, Daniel L. Newman, Muslim women in law and society: annotated translation of al-Tahir al Haddad al-Ṭāhir Ḥaddād, p. 182
- Islamic Marriage (Nikaah) Handbook for Young Muslims, Muslim Wedding and Marriage Guide, World Islamic Network
- Sayyid Abul Ala Maududi - Tafhim al-Qur'an - Quran 23:1-11, Footnote 7 #2
- "Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great." - Quran 4:34
- "Allah chargeth you concerning (the provision for) your children: to the male the equivalent of the portion of two females, and if there be women more than two, then theirs is two-thirds of the inheritance, and if there be one (only) then the half. And to each of his parents a sixth of the inheritance, if he have a son; and if he have no son and his parents are his heirs, then to his mother appertaineth the third; and if he have brethren, then to his mother appertaineth the sixth, after any legacy he may have bequeathed, or debt (hath been paid). Your parents and your children: Ye know not which of them is nearer unto you in usefulness. It is an injunction from Allah. Lo! Allah is Knower, Wise." - Quran 4:11
- "O ye who believe! When ye contract a debt for a fixed term, record it in writing. Let a scribe record it in writing between you in (terms of) equity. No scribe should refuse to write as Allah hath taught him, so let him write, and let him who incurreth the debt dictate, and let him observe his duty to Allah his Lord, and diminish naught thereof. But if he who oweth the debt is of low understanding, or weak, or unable himself to dictate, then let the guardian of his interests dictate in (terms of) equity. And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not (at hand) then a man and two women, of such as ye approve as witnesses, so that if the one erreth (through forgetfulness) the other will remember. And the witnesses must not refuse when they are summoned. Be not averse to writing down (the contract) whether it be small or great, with (record of) the term thereof. That is more equitable in the sight of Allah and more sure for testimony, and the best way of avoiding doubt between you; save only in the case when it is actual merchandise which ye transfer among yourselves from hand to hand. In that case it is no sin for you if ye write it not. And have witnesses when ye sell one to another, and let no harm be done to scribe or witness. If ye do (harm to them) lo! it is a sin in you. Observe your duty to Allah. Allah is teaching you. And Allah is knower of all things." - Quran 2:282
- Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid - Reading Qur’aan during menses - Islam Q&A, Fatwa No. 2564
- "'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Salim, the freed slave of Abu Hadhaifa, lived with him and his family in their house. She (i. e. the daughter of Suhail came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and said: Salim has attained (puberty) as men attain, and he understands what they understand, and he enters our house freely, I, however, perceive that something (rankles) in the heart of Abu Hudhaifa, whereupon Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said to her: Suckle him and you would become unlawful for him, and (the rankling) which Abu Hudhaifa feels in his heart will disappear. She returned and said: So I suckled him, and what (was there) in the heart of Abu Hudhaifa disappeared." - Sahih Muslim 8:3425
- "It was narrated that 'Aishah said: “Sahlah bint Suhail came to the Prophet and said: 'O Messenger of Allah, I see signs of displeasure on the face of Abu Hudhaifah when Salim enters upon me.” The Prophet said: “Breastfed him.” She said: “How can I breastfeed him when he is a grown man? The Messenger of Allah smiled and said: “I know that he is a grown man.” So she did that, then she came to the Prophet and said: “I have never seen any signs of displeasure on the face of Abu Hudhayfah after that.” And he was present at (the battle of) Badr. (Sahih)" - Sunan Ibn Majah 3:9:1943
- "The Surahs of the Qur'an", USC-MSA, Compendium of Muslim Texts, accessed February 6, 2014 (archived), http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/quran/.
- "Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah loves sneezing but dislikes yawning; so if anyone of you sneezes and then praises Allah, every Muslim who hears him (praising Allah) has to say Tashmit to him. But as regards yawning, it is from Satan, so if one of you yawns, he should try his best to stop it, for when anyone of you yawns, Satan laughs at him." - Sahih Bukhari 8:73:245
- "And you know well the story of those among you who broke Sabbath. We said to them: "Be apes—despised and hated by all. Thus We made their end a warning to the people of their time and succeeding generation, and an admonition for God-fearing people." - Quran 2:65
- "Say: "Shall I point out to you something much worse than this, (as judged) by the treatment it received from Allah? those who incurred the curse of Allah and His wrath, those of whom some He transformed into apes and swine, those who worshipped evil;- these are (many times) worse in rank, and far more astray from the even path!"" - Quran 5:60
- "So when they took pride in that which they had been forbidden, We said unto them: Be ye apes despised and loathed!" - Quran 7:166
- "Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "Allah has ninety-nine names, i.e. one-hundred minus one, and whoever knows them will go to Paradise." (Please see Hadith No. 419 Vol. 8)" - Sahih Bukhari 3:50:894
- "The foolish of the people will say: What hath turned them from the qiblah which they formerly observed? Say: Unto Allah belong the East and the West. He guideth whom He will unto a straight path." - Quran 2:142
- "Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah does not accept prayer of anyone of you if he does Hadath (passes wind) till he performs the ablution (anew)." " - Sahih Bukhari 9:86:86
- "Narrated Ali ibn Talq: The Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) said: When any of you breaks wind during the prayer, he should turn away and perform ablution and repeat the prayer." - Sunan Abu Dawud 1:205
- "Jabir b. Samura reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: The people who lift their eyes towards the sky in Prayer should avoid it or they would lose their eyesight." - Sahih Muslim 4:862
- "Abu Huraira reported: People should avoid lifting their eyes towards the sky while supplicating in prayer, otherwise their eyes would be snatched away." - Sahih Muslim 4:863
- Gay Saudi prince found guilty of 'sadistic' murder - The Independent, October 19, 2010
- In these verses, the Quran stresses that angels cannot be female: (1) "And they make the angels, who are the slaves of the Beneficent, females. Did they witness their creation? Their testimony will be recorded and they will be questioned." Quran 43:19 (2) "Those who believe not in the Hereafter, name the angels with female names. But they have no knowledge therein." Quran 53:27 (3) "Then ask them whether your Lord has daughters and they have sons. Or did We create the angels females while they were witnesses? Now surely it is of their own lie that they say:"Quran 37:149