Difference between revisions of "Friday Prayers in Brazil: Islam Will Dominate the World"
Revision as of 14:02, 11 May 2011
Translated from a Friday sermon of Shaykh Khalid Rizq Taqi al-Din at the Guarulhos Mosque in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
We have spoken about the obligation to preach Islam, and have divided the topic into four parts:
1 - The universal nature of Islam
2 - The conduct of Islam
3 - Those who are worried about Islam
4 - The future belongs to Islam
Without a doubt, Islam and Muslims are suffering from a campaign which accuses Islam of terrorism. Another accuses Islam of being spread by the sword. A third seeks to mock the Prophet (PBUH). The land of the Muslims is occupied in Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan, and other Islamic countries. All of this which is happening should not in any way weaken the enthusiasm of the Muslim, or his hope that victory belongs to Islam. All of this which is happening to the Ummah is a test in order to distinguish the liar from the truthful, the believer from the hypocrite. It is a preamble to salvation; the darkness which precedes the dawn. The great hope resides primarily in Allah, and secondly in the efforts of the believers like yourselves.
What we should understand in the first place is that our religion is grand. If all the countries of the world, with their planes, ships, resources, tanks, and soldiers united to fight against Islam, they would be unable to eliminate it, because Allah has guaranteed its protection. He says: "They desire to put out the light of Allah with their mouths but Allah will perfect His light, though the unbelievers may be averse. He it is Who sent His Messenger with the guidance and the true religion, that He may make it overcome the religions, all of them, though the polytheists may be averse" [Qur'an 61:8-9]. He also said: "Surely those who disbelieve spend their wealth to hinder (people) from the way of Allah; so they shall spend it, then it shall be to them an intense regret, then they shall be overcome; and those who disbelieve shall be driven together to hell" [Qur'an 8:36]. He even said: "And certainly Our word has already gone forth in respect of Our servants, the messengers: Most surely they shall be the assisted ones, and most surely Our host alone shall be the victorious ones" [Qur'an 37:171-173].
For his part, the Messenger of Allah said, quoted in Sahih Muslim, "The earth was shown to me, and I saw its west and its east. Certainly my ummah will dominate everything which was shown me."
He also said: "Certainly this religion will prevail wherever the night and day prevail. Allah will not leave a single tent or house except Islam penetrates it, strengthening some and humiliating others--strengthening the Muslims and humiliating the unbelievers."
2. The Prophet (PBUH) said: "Constantinople will be conquered by Muslims," and it was conquered by Muhammad al-Fatih. The Prophet indicated that Rome would be conquered by 70,000 descendants of Isaac. Ibn Kathir said, commenting on this hadith, that they would be the sons of Esau, son of Isaac, son of Abraham, and descendants of the Europeans. Ibn Kathir also said that in the last days, before the hour of judgment, many Europeans would become Muslims, and they would conquer Rome.
3. Translations of the Qur'an in English and French are fulfilling their role, causing people to accept them, and the Islamic religion is the fastest-growing religion in the world.
4. The American magazine "Times" published an article, saying: "The dawn of Islam will rise once more, but this time it will not rise from the east, but from the west, from the heart of Europe. From that old continent where the minarets are beginning to fight for space with the towers of churches in Paris, London, Madrid, and Rome. The sounding of the call to prayer is now heard daily in these locations, five times per day, testifying that Islam is daily gaining a new locality, new supporters who have found the path."
5. The British journal "Sunday Telegraph" said: "There is no one specific cause for the spread of Islam at the end of the last century and the beginning of this one. But non-Muslims began to have access to information about Islam and began to get to know it. Through these readings they discovered that Islam is the only divine religion that can be followed; it is the only religion that can solve humanity's problems."
6. The French magazine "Le Monde" published: "Military strategists have declared that the future [wars] of the world will be religious." This is true, for the war in Palestine is religious, as are the wars in Chechnya, Bosnia, and Kosovo. All are religious wars, and all are against Islam.
It is our duty to preach Islam without fear of the strength of the world, because Almighty Allah is All-Powerful, and can eliminate all the missiles and computers. All strength is in his hands. It suffices us to do good and trust in him.
Islam is growing in Brazil. Ten years ago there were 20 mosques. Now there are more than 100 mosques and prayer centers. It used to be extremely rare to see a woman with a hijab. Today many women wear them. Prayer is on the rise, and the number of attendees at the mosques is growing daily. Onward, Muslims!
Illuminate your homes with remembrance of Allah. Teach your children the way of the Messenger of Allah (PBUH). Introduce the spirit of hope that the future belongs to Islam to your closest family members and the Muslims in Brazil.May the peace and blessings of Allah be with the Prophet Muhammad. Amen.
Shaykh Khalid Rizq Taqi al-Din, February 29, 2008