Why Terrorism is Allowed in Islam
- 1 Justification in the Qur'an
- 2 Justification in the Hadith
- 3 Scholars on Terrorism
- 4 See Also
- 5 References
Justification in the Qur'an
Killing a Muslim is killing all of mankind
The life of a non-Muslim is not sacred in Islam, but many Muslims and non-Muslims alike, will present you with Qur'an 5:32 which they claim denounces killing, and equates the slaying of one human life to that of genocide against the entirety of mankind:
Meaning of verse
According to the highly respected Qur'anic exegesis of Ibn Kathir- early qur'anic commentator, Sayid ibn Jubayr (who lived at the time of Muhammad, and was a companion of Ayesha), had said:
Tafsir Ibn Kathir
Terrorism in General
Sheikh Osama bin Laden
Dr. Zakir Naik
Certain scholars such as Dr. Zakir Naik (born October 18, 1965) have said all Muslims should be terrorist in the context of war and fighting (what is in the Islamic view) evils of society, but rejected terrorism which attacks and kills innocent civilians since he argues the verse below only applies in war. When he was asked about the following verse.
Justification in the Hadith
Terrorists use Muhammad's numerous caravan raids of Meccans that passed by Medina as justification for attacking civilian targets as well as military. Muhammad (the Uswa Hasana) organized 64 such raids from 622 CE to 630 CE, of which he personally led 27.
- For further information, see: Scholars on killing civilian non combatants
When Muhammad made a peace deal with Banu Nadir and Banu Qurayza and other Jewish tribes, the three leaders of the Jewish tribes were accused by him of breaking the peace treaty. Although he claimed only the three leaders of the tribes broke the peace treaty, Muhammad ordered the beheading of all the Jewish men and boys (who had begun to grow pubic hair). Combatants and non-combatants alike were slaughtered and the remaining women and young children were taken captive by the Muslims and sold in slave markets. This incident took place in the Battle of the Trench. Terrorist use this as justification to attack American civilians.. Omar Bakri used this hadith as a justification as to why terrorism is allowed and why killing of civilians is allowed.
Justification for Killing Jews
There are endless examples of anti-Semitism within Islamic scriptures. However, Hamas, an Islamic Resistance movement is Palestine, has justified the killing of Jewish Civilians using the hadith below, which they have also included in their Charter, Many other clerics and scholars have also referred to this verse to justify the killing of Jews:
As has already been shown, Muhammad's (therefore Islam's) definition of a child differs from a non-Muslims. In Islam a boy who has started puberty is considered an adult. However, for this section we will accept the Islamic understanding. Although Muhammad somewhat disapproved of the killing of woman and 'children', he made a clear exception for non-Muslim woman and children. When he was at war, one of his companions came to him and said they had found children and woman among the dead when they were using catapults.
Muhammad said "they are of them" more than 3 times when children were killed.
Muslim terrorist use this as a justification for carrying out terrorist attacks even if it puts woman and children in danger are even if they get killed. Muslim cleric Omar Bakri Mohammed referred to this hadith to justify why killing children accidentally is Islamic.
Justification for Killing Homosexuals
Many terrorists, as do Islamic Scholars, justify the killing of homosexuals using the hadith. Terrorist acts have been committed against homosexuals on a regular basis in countries like Iraq where currently there are death squads operating. They justify their acts based on the teachings and actions of Muhammad, who said:
Muhammad’s first successor Abu Bakr (the father of Aisha) had a homosexual burned at the stake. The fourth caliph, Muhammad’s son-in-law Ali, ordered a sodomite thrown from the minaret of a mosque. Others he ordered to be stoned. One of the earliest and most authoritative commentators on the Koran, Ibn ‘Abbas (died 687) blended both approaches into a two-step execution in which “the sodomite should be thrown from the highest building in the town and then stoned.” Later it was decided that if no building were tall enough, the he could be shoved off a cliff. Regardless of the exact method, many jurist argue over the way the punishment should be carried out.
Killing Apostates (people who leave Islam)
According to Islam, people who leave Islam must face the death penalty. In 1992 Muslim militants gunned down Farag Foda, an Egyptian secularist. They claim they did so because the prophet ordered the death of apostates.
Before his death, Farag Foda was declared an apostate and foe of Islam. An Al-Azhar University scholar, Mohammed al-Ghazali, a witness before the court, declared it was not wrong to kill a foe of Islam. Al-Ghazali said:
This was due to the sayings of Muhammad, who said:
One of his followers refused to sit down and talk until a Jewish man who left Islam was killed. Only after he was killed did he continue. 
Killing those who mock Muhammad
Islamic scholars have declared that if a person mocks Muhammad, they must be killed.
Al-Saarim al-Maslool, 2/438Insulting the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is one of the worst of forbidden actions, and it constitutes kufr and apostasy from Islam, according to scholarly consensus, whether done seriously or in jest. The one who does that is to be executed even if he repents and whether he is a Muslim or a kaafir.
Shaykh al Munajid - Islam Q&A - Fatwa No. 22809
Muhammad and his Jewish neighbour
Some Muslims say the Muhammad had a Jewish neighbour who threw rubbish at him, one day the person became ill and Muhammad visited her. This story is not present in any Islamic texts or hadiths and is thus most likely made-up. Neither have any scholars of the past mentioned it.
Muhammad reportedly said:
Therefore he could not have had non-muslims neighbours in the later stage of his life.
Hating for Sake of Allah
Muhammad is noted to have said:
Many Muslims have used this as a justification to hate what they consider Kufr. Muhammad also said that fighting jihad is second only to the belief in him and Allah.
Scholars on Terrorism
Ziauddin Barani (1285 - 1357) says in his book Fatawa-i Jahandari:
Dr. Yusuf Azzam says, when talking about offensive Jihaad:
Sheikh Abdullah Azzam
- Sheikh Osama bin Laden’s speech to the people of Pakistan - Translated From Urdu By Ahmed Al-Marid, September 26, 2007
- Islam and Terrorism - Dr Zakir Naik
- Dr Zakir Naik - Why are most of the Muslims fundamentalists and terrorists? - Misconceptions About Islam (FAQs)
- "...Narrated Atiyyah al-Qurazi: I was among the captives of Banu Qurayzah. They (the Companions) examined us, and those who had begun to grow hair (pubes) were killed, and those who had not were not killed. I was among those who had not grown hair..." - Sunan Abu Dawud 38:4390
- Haykal, Muhammad Husayn (Author). Al-Faruqi, Ismail Raji (Translator). (2002). The Life of Muhammad. (p. 338). Selangor, Malaysia: Islamic Book Trust.
- The historical Muhammad - Von Irving M. Zeitlin
- The Expulsion of Banu Nadir
- Peterson, Muhammad: the prophet of God, p. 125-127.
- Ramadan, In the Footsteps of the Prophet, p. 140f.
- Hodgson, The Venture of Islam, vol. 1, p. 191.
- Brown, A New Introduction to Islam, p. 81.
- Islam - A mufti explains, why Muhammad killed Women and Children
- Hamas Charter - MidEast Web Historical Documents
- Saudi Cleric: Jews Plant Gharqad Trees to Hide Behind When Muslims Come to Kill Them on Judgment Day - MEMRI
- Islam - A mufti explains, why Muhammad killed Women and Children
- Ben Lando - Iraqi gay community a target - Iraq Oil Report, July 9, 2009
- Iraq's New Hospital Patients: Gay Men - Queerty, April 24, 2009
- The Ruling for Homosexuals - Fatwa from IslamOnline
- Serge Trifkovic - Islam's Love-Hate Relationship with Homosexuality - FrontPageMag, January 24, 2003
- Ana Belén Soage - FARAJ FAWDA, OR THE COST OF FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION - MERIA, June 8, 2007
- "...."I will not sit down till he has been killed. This is the judgment of Allah and His Apostle (for such cases) and repeated it thrice. Then Abu Musa ordered that the man be killed, and he was killed...." - Sahih Bukhari 9:84:58