Rajah Sulaiman Movement
It was founded by Ahmed Islam Santos (aka Hilarion del Rosario) in the late 1990s, after he converted to Islam and attended military training in a Muslim rebel camp in Mindanao, with the aim of turning the Philippines into an Islamic state.
According to the Philippine government, the group's soldiers have been trained, financed and governed by two Al Qaeda-linked organisations - Philippine-based Abu Sayyaf and the regional militant group Jemaah Islamiah.
- Converts - A hub page that leads to other articles related to Converts
- Terrorism - A hub page that leads to other articles related to Terrorism
- Rajah Sulaiman Movement (RSM) - The Investigative Project on Terrorism, August 24, 2007
- Philippines says arrests Islamic militant leader - Reuters, October 26, 2005
- Jim Gomez - Filipino terror group crippled by leader's capture - Associated Press, August 25, 2009
- Leader of RSM 'terror' group nabbed - ABS-CBN News, August 25, 2009
- Philippines arrests key militants - BBC News, October 26, 2005
- Pio Abogne De Vera - The Al-Qaida Sanctions Committee, May 7, 2009
- More Philippine terror arrests - BBC News, September 1, 2009